National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The majority of my active firearms are .22 rimfire. Most of the handguns are Ruger Mark pistols with a few others being a Browning Buckmark, Smith & Wesson Model 41 and a Volquartsen Scorpion.
My Ruger pistols are from the early Mark I through to the Ruger Mark IV. I've tested all these pistols for accuracy using every brand of .22 rimfire ammunition I can get my hands on:

All testing is done using this contraption:

· Premium Member
9,929 Posts
Hmmm tough decision. I have a lot of 22's. I like them all. Got rid of the ones i wasn't to fond of.
That’s funny Coal because I’ve even kept the ones I didn’t like.
I couldn’t tell you my favorite because they’re all different. I guess it depends on the game at the time. I could be a serious Ruger mark ( I have 4 different ones now) collector if left to my own devises.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I like all my rimfires. From .22 Short to 17wsm. Even the .22s I shoot to 200yds or more.
My A22 and A17 are supper fun and dead accurate but I don't have a favorite. Just a favorite at the moment.
With the Savage A models, absolutely get the heavy barrel or heavy sport option. You will not be sorry.
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I always liked the Bisley. The look anyway. Can't shoot them accurate to save my life. I do have a couple .22 mag 3 screw Single Sixes that I absolutely love to shoot. 2 of the most accurate pistols I have.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like all my rimfires. From .22 Short to 17wsm. Even the .22s I shoot to 200yds or more.
My A22 and A17 are supper fun and dead accurate but I don't have a favorite. Just a favorite at the moment.
With the Savage A models, absolutely get the heavy barrel or heavy sport option. You will not be sorry.
I recently received a brick of some, what I think is sorta new, SK Long Range .22 ammunition:

The bullet design looks no different than most .22 rimfire bullets, so I wonder what makes these rounds different? Normal .22 rimfire bullets are not that aerodynamically designed, like a .17 HMR with its boat-tail heel, so I just gotta try some to see how they perform out of a CZ 457 LUX:

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I recently received a brick of some, what I think is sorta new, SK Long Range .22 ammunition:

The bullet design looks no different than most .22 rimfire bullets, so I wonder what makes these rounds different? Normal .22 rimfire bullets are not that aerodynamically designed, like a .17 HMR with its boat-tail heel, so I just gotta try some to see how they perform out of a CZ 457 LUX:

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,030 Posts
As much as I like the 10/22, I have to say my favorite rimfire is the Winchester 67A. It's what my father taught me to shoot with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.