National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a bit of game design, and am currently compiling a list of weapons.

Im sticking with the well known/common to the failry well known/fairly common, as there are just too many guns out there lol.

Im doing shotguns at the moment, ive got the SPAS and the 870 etc, but I whats a common double barreled shottie? All the info on the net seems to be people drooling over semi auto military models etc...but i want an example of a generic 12g side by side...ideas people? (Bearing in mind I will probably only include one)

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,575 Posts
If you only take into consideration new SxS short barreled shotguns sold over the last five, or so, years, the most popular would be the Stoeger or the Baikal (Remington Spartan). Both are relatively inexpensive and utilitarian shotguns.

The Stoeger is made in Argentina (I believe).

The Baikal is made in Russia.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I got a Russian made 20 gauge O/U Baikal (not sure of the spelling). Good price, lots of fun, looks okay, takes birds and clays no problem!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Agree that Stoeger is the most popular recent manufacturer, overall it may be Stevens or someone like that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
M1 carbines are getting harder to get in good shape and are fun as heck to shoot. Garands as well. If you are near a CMP store, check them out, sometimes they will have 1903s or something else from the past.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,897 Posts
I really wish folks would take, literally the second it takes to look at post dates.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
44 Posts
So sorry to bother you. Somehow the post i was replying to ended up here. I suggest you block my posts and save yourself some time from having to make snarky replys.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,897 Posts
So sorry to bother you. Somehow the post i was replying to ended up here. I suggest you block my posts and save yourself some time from having to make snarky replys.
No bother and sorry to hurt to your feelings with what you consider snarky posts. They were anything but.
Post #8 was humorous and my post was more of a public service announcement.

Now, if you could be bothered to point out the thread that your replay was intended for I'd be happy to move it there for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts