National Gun Forum banner

501 - 503 of 503 Posts

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
Truth be told, all my lawn equipment is Echo. I run them completely out of gas the end of every season. Put fresh premix in the start of every season and they always start right up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Caved and picked up a Lead Sled, was going to get a cheaper alternative, but the lead sled was only $20 more than the one I was going to buy.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Truth be told, all my lawn equipment is Echo. I run them completely out of gas the end of every season. Put fresh premix in the start of every season and they always start right up.
I do that with most of my 4 stroke stuff. Some i drain and then start to run the carb dry and others where i can shut the gas off i do that and start to run the carb dry but the tank full. I usually never have a problem with gas going bad. I do run stabil in my gas and most things only sit for 1/2 a year before being used anyway. In 2 strokes i don't do anything, i think the oil helps so things don't get corroded with the new crappy gas. I always top things off before i use and swish it around, maybe that helps? I do have one snowblower that does not have a shut off and to drain the tank you need to take half the machine apart, so far no problems. Someday I'll make it so i can drain it out. The only problem I've had in recent memory was a couple of years ago i had to run my generator for 2-3 days straight. I shut it off when we got power back and then wanted to use it a day later and it wouldnt start. Took the carb off and it was full of that chalky white aluminum corrosion. $20 or so and got a new carb. I thought it was odd that it ran for so long with no problems and then a day later it was screwed up.

501 - 503 of 503 Posts