National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
818 Posts
Yup, they're NFA items and subject to a $200 tax stamp. However, if you're lucky enough to find a full auto version, you only have to pay that $200 once and not a second time for it being full auto. I think the AK pistols look so awsome. Can't wait to own one when I get the heck out of Cali when I'm 21. :i:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have no use for those evil "Black Guns!" ;) ;) ;) Flame On!

G

·
They are an interesting exercise in mechanical skill, which are totally useless.

Dethlokk - you oughtta get one.

Doug

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
AK and AR pistols are not NFA weapons. They are just pistols. They have to be built on virgin receivers. You can not take an existing rifle and convert it to a pistol. Once a rifle, always a rifle. I built an AR pistol. Pretty cool, 10 inch barrel. I wanted an AR I could toss into my back pack. Just not a practical weapon without a stock. If I knew then what I know now, I would have put the paperwork into the BATF for a SBR.

No there are no full auto variants outside of a few early imported Krinkov that I know about. And those run in the 10K range. There have been no new full auto receivers manufactured for civilian markets since 1984. Any full auto receivers out there that are transferable were built before September of 1984. That is why full auto stuff cost so much.

G

·
just like dogsoldier said they are not NFA/ Form 2. You do not need a tax stamp and if someone says you do they are mistaken. They are just fad guns with hardlt any useable purpose. Well i guess they are accurate handguns but i would rather have a rifle than a handgun for defense,shooting, or hunting.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
They are "tracticool"! That's about it.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The idea of the AR15 pistol really took off after the movie "Clear and Present Danger" when the CIA black ops guy played by WIlliam Defoe had one in full auto. All the gun dudes and dudettes were going, "Man I gotta get me one of those!".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts