National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Perhaps you're at the rare gun show where this happens. My experience with gun shows anymore is that they sell more beef jerky and t-shirts than they do guns. What new guns are offered are priced at MSRP, and what used guns are offered cost more than a new one would anywhere else.

Dealers are unwilling to wheel and deal. They'll tell you more times than not that the price you see is the price you'll pay. My response has always been that I'll just buy it from one of the big-box boys instead.

This has been my experience for the last five years or so. Before, it would be that if you wanted a used gun, you go the first morning of the show. The good ones went fast. If you wanted a new gun, you went the last afternoon of the show when they wanted to reduce their inventory as much as possible.

These days it doesn't matter.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
spanielsells said:
Perhaps you're at the rare gun show where this happens. My experience with gun shows anymore is that they sell more beef jerky and t-shirts than they do guns. What new guns are offered are priced at MSRP, and what used guns are offered cost more than a new one would anywhere else.

Dealers are unwilling to wheel and deal. They'll tell you more times than not that the price you see is the price you'll pay. My response has always been that I'll just buy it from one of the big-box boys instead.

This has been my experience for the last five years or so. Before, it would be that if you wanted a used gun, you go the first morning of the show. The good ones went fast. If you wanted a new gun, you went the last afternoon of the show when they wanted to reduce their inventory as much as possible.

These days it doesn't matter.

I agree, by the time you pay the inflated entry fee and a rip-off parking charge you have given away any advantage you might have had.

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
Not at the big Texas gun shows - Great deals!

I go 1st thing Sat morning because the guns get scratched up as the day goes by.

Sun afternoon will get U the best deal, though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts