National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife cooked a yummy steak tonight! Hit the spot, grilled outside but mairnated for a long time to give it that unique flavor. Bean salad and red wine to drink. I am a lucky man!

What was on your table tonight?

G

·
sig232 said:
The wife cooked a yummy steak tonight! Hit the spot, grilled outside but mairnated for a long time to give it that unique flavor. Bean salad and red wine to drink. I am a lucky man!

What was on your table tonight?
U are a lucky man !! .......Not Caviar! ;)

G

·
Hamburger steak smothered in onions and gravey, fresh corn on the cob, white acre peas,
12 layer choc cake for dessert. :D :D

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whompuss said:
Hamburger steak smothered in onions and gravey, fresh corn on the cob, white acre peas,
12 layer choc cake for dessert. :D :D

That sounds good too! I love corn on the cob, especially the sweet white corn.
12 layer choc cake, damn that must have been a tall cake! :?

G

·
Twelve layer cakes were make popular in GA in the sixties by a lady who baked cakes for the bakery in Harvey's grocery store in Valdosta, GA ( a small regional chain). The fame spread and now they are found over SE GA. There are two private bakeries that bake them locally, $22-$25/cake or sell slices in stores for $1.50. The layers are very thin, damn if I know how they do it. The total cake is about 20% taller than average. I'll post a pic when I find a slice, wifey ate the last one last night.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whompuss said:
Twelve layer cakes were make popular in GA in the sixties by a lady who baked cakes for the bakery in Harvey's grocery store in Valdosta, GA ( a small regional chain). The fame spread and now they are found over SE GA. There are two private bakeries that bake them locally, $22-$25/cake or sell slices in stores for $1.50. The layers are very thin, damn if I know how they do it. The total cake is about 20% taller than average. I'll post a pic when I find a slice, wifey ate the last one last night.

My wife loves Chocolate Cake and I will send her the picture when you post it!

G

·
whompuss said:
"whompuss" U gota be jokin :!: Its makin my mouth water just thinking about it!!! ;)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sounds great, I am off to work tonight and I will be eating a ham and cheese sandwich at work. Same for Sat and Sun. Then off Mon-Fri next week, yea!!

G

·
whompuss said:
As U can see im still stuck on the Layer Cake thing!!! ;)

G

·
To start, a salad made up mostly from my own garden. Fresh ice burg lettuce, better boy tomato's, and a few radish's... Main course is grilled chicken breast, baked potato, corn and zucchini bread.... I'm already on my second beer......

G

·
ICM856 said:
To start, a salad made up mostly from my own garden. Fresh ice burg lettuce, better boy tomato's, and a few radish's
I will save the slad for the rabbits ;)
I did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat leafy vegi's :p

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eXXit said:
whompuss said:
As U can see im still stuck on the Layer Cake thing!!! ;)

Hey, "Whompuss" can you put up a picture of one of those 12 layer cakes. [email protected]

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Tonight its Steak, Egg and Chips (a British thing!!!!) ;)

........ and while it's not 12 layers - only 3 - here is the Heavenly-Double-Chocolate cake I made for my son. It's his 25th birthday on Monday, and he's coming into town this afternoon, so we're celebrating this weekend! :D

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SheNine said:
Tonight its Steak, Egg and Chips (a British thing!!!!) ;)

........ and while it's not 12 layers - only 3 - here is the Heavenly-Double-Chocolate cake I made for my son. It's his 25th birthday on Monday, and he's coming into town this afternoon, so we're celebrating this weekend! :D

Oh my God! She loves guns, is cute and Can Cook Tool!!!!! Your hubby is one lucky dude!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Big thick juicy pork chops, large baked potatoe, and califlower...hmmm.

G

·
Inch and a half thick ribeye steaks, grilled to perfection by myself, baked potatos with butter and sour creme, creamed peas and cottage cheese, hot rolls. (my wifes birthday dinner) -I -I :--- :---

G

·
Some salad, spaghetti, garlic bread, and wine to drink. I normally cook dinner for the wife and I. i make my spaghetti with little bite sized meat balls. I usually take a little less than 3/4 or a pound to make the meat balls and the rest of the meat I chop up. I like my sauce made with green and red peppers, mushrooms and onions...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts