1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
Nice contribution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think this video downplays the coordinated gvt/big business' active manipulation to add to the shortage

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
I was just on a few sites and even went to ammoseek. Rifle and pistol ammo is available but at outrageous prices, still but now shotgun ammo isn’t even available. I thought the sporting clays and other games were safe from the hoarders. When will this stupidity end?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can thank dealers for the high prices. Here is the dealers price list for Federal branded ammo. The prices did go up but nowhere near enough to justify what they are asking.
Screenshot 02-23-2021 15.23.26.png

·
Super Moderator
11,884 Posts
Keep in mind that the only justification for what retailers may ask is what people will pay. As much as we hate it, we must acknowledge the reality that when someone is willing to $1.00/round for 9mm, then that's what the price is going to be. It IS justified, regardless of our opinion of it.

Ever take an Economics class and learn about supply and demand? In a free market economy, it's what drives prices. It's like gravity. Nothing you can do about it.

--Wag--

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
Nothing you can do about it.

--Wag--
The one thing that can be done .... STOP BUYING AMMO.

As Wag points out...supply and demand.
If demand decreases supply increases and in turn prices follow accordingly

Stop buying ammo you don’t need.
This will help the market rebound.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
In my case, I have not used or bought ammo for over a year. My gun club was closed for months due to covid, and then opened with the 6' and masks BS, so I stay home shooting my air guns. I have enough ammo to last a few months once I start again.

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
I haven’t bought ammo of any kind in a year. I was looking for some 20ga trap loads but I’ll just use what’s in my inventory. The problem is that I can’t replace what I use. That’s the rub. I don’t have nearly as much shotgun ammo as I do rim and center fire.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ammo manufacturers should stop selling ammo directly to state governments that are anti 2A. That would make it more accessible for the citizens.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,458 Posts
What's Actually Behind The Ammo Shortage
People are waking up (not woke up) and realizing they don't trust the government to look out for them or their best interests .....
and buying firearms/ammo to protect themselves and their loved ones.

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
I hope that all of these profiteers and hoarders get stuck with a ton of high priced ammo that they can sell without taking a loss.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
People are waking up (not woke up) and realizing they don't trust the government to look out for them or their best interests .....
and buying firearms/ammo to protect themselves and their loved ones.
That's why I see this increase in the demand of ammo to be at least to some extent, permanent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts