National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a two story home and are alerted to a breakin in the middle of the night. How would you react?

1. Would you remain at the top of the stairs with your gun protecting your family?

2. Would you sweep the home, checking for the bad guy, knowing you know the home layout better than anyone who has broken in and is not familiar with your home?

3. Would you hide in your locked bedroom, call the police, with your firearm, protecting your family?

what is your solution?

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
clear the house...have to find out what is going on

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Have the wife on the phone with police and protect the family. They can have what ever they want downstairs. They start up the steps they will be shot. Lifes not worth a TV.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
We meet on my terms. Not his. I go downstairs.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
1) Call the cops.
2) Throw keys out the window for them to get in easily.
3) Stand guard at a tactical spot, but don't engage needlessly.

Of course, this depends upon how far away help is. In a rural setting, I wouldn't wait around 20 minutes without taking action.

G

·
I dont know if I would leave the wife alone upstairs without my being by her side with the gun... That might give the bad guy a way upstairs without my knowledge and because I wanted to be brave hes got my wife and I'm downstairs looking for him. I would most likely stand by the stairs and listen at the ready while she calls the cops. If his dumb A$$ decides to come up then its on if not thats ok to.

G

·
I would be very careful in a home sweep at once with a handgun; not a good match if the bad guy has a shot gun. If he (they,it whatever) start up those stairs.. hand them their revoked Birth Certificate at once. them . Fire until hey hit the bottom step!!!!!! Reload for the next brave sole.

·
Registered
213 Posts
the wife and children would be in one locked room together. I make sure the wife is armed. I tell her I will announce myself before I return. She calls the police, they can kick in the door or surround the house if they want..I dont know much on police procedure. I will stay crouched at the top of the stairs to the left or right in a corner, nook, cranny, getting myself prepared for something life changing and getting ready to end him. Im holding the 12 gauge pointed at the top of stairs with maybe a backup pistol in my waist or next to me should I have time to get it. I will not go downstairs because like Baldy said life isnt worth a TV. I will be thinking "I should go down there and smoke this MF for what he's putting my family through!" but my senses will kick in and Ill realize that my children need their Daddy. If he walks up the stairs he will die before he stops rolling down them.......then me and the wife can go back to making babies or "practice making babies" as I like to call it. :D

G

·
Clear the house, meet on my terms. He's in big trouble, cause my trigger finger my be itchy since he broke into my home.

G

·
First thing would be to have the wife call 911 and say we have an intruder - second thing would be to push the panic button on my key chain for my car alarm to go off - then i would hand my wife the shotgun that she is very comfortable with and tell her to stay in the room and i will ANNOUNCE myself before i come back. That may take a total of one minute then im out the door with gun in hand and on my way across the hall to my babies room and thats where i sit and wait for the police.
This is all assuming that they get past my Rottweiler Lia who sleeps by the front door.

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
I agree with baldy. I would have my wife and my baby in the bedroom with them locked inside calling the police, I would find a place on the second floor and just hold my ground intill the police came to take care of the downstairs, Because If I do go downstairs and something does happend to me, then who would be there for my family on the second floor, Let the target go to you, You would be ready, and he would be the surprised one....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts