National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to post a reply and it didn't go through.
Is something wrong or was it a bad subject?
Not getting very much out of this forum. I'll just leave y'all alone.
just me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was the rifle thread, the "just curious" subject.
About who likes the 308.
I have a 2A1 Enfield In 7.62x51. I use 308 brass and new factory "managed recoil" loads.
I did shoot 5 regular factory loads and just wanted to let folks that don't know.
(Do not) use full factory loads in these rifles. Several people have said they did with no problems.
The chamber pressure is around 10'000 lbs, different in Commercial and 7.62 nato.
With only one firing I could not full length resize.
I did use the managed recoil in both my 2A1's and had no probs. necked sized 5 or 6 times before having to full length.
If any one says they fire full commercial loads in theirs without and problems then their rifle isn't like mine.
Remember the two cartridges and chambers are much the same but different in three main ways.
#1 the nato brass is thicker,
#2 .013 difference in head spacing.
#3, 50,000 psi on the nato, 60,000 on the comercial.
Nuff said.
just me
Thanks for being patient.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Sometimes when someone else is posting to the same thread I have had a thread disappear also. I just post it a second time. This has happened on other forums also.

This is such a rare occurance that I never worry about it. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got to develope thicker skin to survive on the internet forums. This place is kind to most, other places will eat you for lunch if you show any weakness!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not getting very much out of this forum. I'll just leave y'all alone.
just me
Whiner ... didn't put all that much in, either.

That guy must bounce around like a basketball!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I have had it happen to me too..... My post was there along with the post that somebody posted while I was.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I found the problem, glad there is some on the forum that can reason.
I sure can. :|
just me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had the same thing happen on another forum. The first time or two, I figured it was a glitch. After that, I figured either it was intentional, or the software used wasn't too swift. I doubt if I'll visit there again. Too bad, it was a pretty good forum other than that.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
teknoid said:
I had the same thing happen on another forum. The first time or two, I figured it was a glitch. After that, I figured either it was intentional, or the software used wasn't too swift. I doubt if I'll visit there again. Too bad, it was a pretty good forum other than that.
Just a big tip! I believe that 90% of what we think is intentional is just the software!
Most forums will have the common courtesy to notify you if you are stepping on toes, via warnings or editing your post.

Nobody is watching that close to what you post when you actually post it. They are doing a constant review and will catch a breach of rules at a later time, not at the point of posting!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sig232 said:
teknoid said:
Just a big tip! I believe that 90% of what we think is intentional is just the software!
Most forums will have the common courtesy to notify you if you are stepping on toes, via warnings or editing your post.

Nobody is watching that close to what you post when you actually post it. They are doing a constant review and will catch a breach of rules at a later time, not at the point of posting!
I checked my messages there, and discovered that it WAS intentional. Certain mods there seem to be getting a little heavy handed. Obviously, their opinion differs from mine as to what is relevant. That's fine, it is their forum. I hesitate to name/disparage it here. As I said, it is a good forum, other than that. There are other good forums, however. I hope that this proves to be one of them. I don't often point out obvious errors, but when I do, it irks me to have them yanked out of hand.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
teknoid said:
sig232 said:
teknoid said:

I checked my messages there, and discovered that it WAS intentional. Certain mods there seem to be getting a little heavy handed. Obviously, their opinion differs from mine as to what is relevant. That's fine, it is their forum. I hesitate to name/disparage it here. As I said, it is a good forum, other than that. There are other good forums, however. I hope that this proves to be one of them. I don't often point out obvious errors, but when I do, it irks me to have them yanked out of hand.

I do think when you go into a new forum its very important for you to take a few minutes and read the rules! That way you will know exactly what will happen if you use bad language, attack others, like to argue and a few other items that concern forum owners. The first paragraph of NGF rules has it spelled out very simple. That way its not the mods that are the bad guy its the bad behavior exhibited by the user that gets the user in trouble.

NGF protects is members from the heated arguements that are sometimes present on other forums. Its a safe place here and you can state your opinions but try not to force those opinons on other members. The rules are simple and easy to live with, and in my opinion very fair!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sig232 said:
teknoid said:
sig232 said:
teknoid said:

I do think when you go into a new forum its very important for you to take a few minutes and read the rules! That way you will know exactly what will happen if you use bad language, attack others, like to argue and a few other items that concern forum owners. The first paragraph of NGF rules has it spelled out very simple. That way its not the mods that are the bad guy its the bad behavior exhibited by the user that gets the user in trouble.

NGF protects is members from the heated arguements that are sometimes present on other forums. Its a safe place here and you can state your opinions but try not to force those opinons on other members. The rules are simple and easy to live with, and in my opinion very fair!
Believe me, none of this was the case. I do not use bad language in forums, nor do I belittle others. I consider it bad manners. No rules of the forum were violated. I conduct myself the same way on every forum I participate in, and have had this problem on only one. I use the same user name on every forum I have joined. If you happen to see any of my posts, judge for yourself. I believe it was simply an opinion of a mod. His and my opinions obviously differ. I chose not to get in an argument about it, and departed. No big deal.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
teknoid said:
sig232 said:
teknoid said:
sig232 said:
teknoid said:

Believe me, none of this was the case. I do not use bad language in forums, nor do I belittle others. I consider it bad manners. No rules of the forum were violated. I conduct myself the same way on every forum I participate in, and have had this problem on only one. I use the same user name on every forum I have joined. If you happen to see any of my posts, judge for yourself. I believe it was simply an opinion of a mod. His and my opinions obviously differ. I chose not to get in an argument about it, and departed. No big deal.
Sounds to me like you are an honorable guy and did the right thing! :) Glad to have you as a part of this forum!

I do understand what you are saying, I too have seen that happen where someone will take a comment wrong, misinterpert the meaning and jump to conclusions too fast.

Travis, The Administrator, will spank his Mods here if they get out of line and get a bit too eager to jump! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds to me like you are an honorable guy and did the right thing! :) Glad to have you as a part of this forum!

I do understand what you are saying, I too have seen that happen where someone will take a comment wrong, misinterpert the meaning and jump to conclusions too fast.

Travis, The Administrator, will spank his Mods here if they get out of line and get a bit too eager to jump! ;)
Sometimes, I think a mod can get overzealous. Maybe it's being overcautious? In any case, I like what I see here so far. Some forums should have "term limits" on mods :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't know if anyone noticed or not, but I have made several reply/post after I commented on the one I lost. No more problems here. So I guess I'm still around.
But I have bounced. :lol: :---
just me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re Just me:
The problems on this forum were related to overloads. I reposted several that didn't go through the first time and they went thru the 2nd, I belong to several forums, this one is by far the friendliest, If you want to get vicerated just go to the biggie that is associated with the biggest auction site (see there, I made my point without calling any names).
A few of those guys must eat gunpowder for breakfast and fart fire the rest of the day.
They ruin the general discuaaions for the rest of us. I notice a lot of folks have come over here.
I just hope the web site crashes didn't run too many folks off. I'm wondering how to get the word out that we're now running smooth.

Glad you stuck it out, Just Me, I've enjoyed your posts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts