National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe my attitude is somewhat old fashioned, but I think it's really disrespectful to the flag to wear it like this. On a T-shirt is one thing, but underwear?!?!?! I've even seen women's thongs made with the flag...... :eek:

Would you wear these? Do you think it's irreverant?

·
Registered
957 Posts
My I'm a hippocrate for buying one of the forum's shirts, 'cause, now that I think about it, I was taught in school that the flag on clothing was against the flag code.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
While I do not like them and would not wear them (Sam I am), all I see there is a pair of underwear. Having served my duty to protect the Constitution of the United States of America (and the Bill of Rights), I think that allowing alternative views, thoughts and even products is the basis which makes our country great. The thing that bothers me the most is when the actual flag (50 white stars on a blue field and 13 bars of alternating red and white) is desecrated, burned or not shown the proper respect. I see the flag being flown improperly in many places and these same people complain about these types of items. First learn the correct respect and how to fly the flag, then work on these items by contacting the manufacturers and the distributors. Just my two cents worth. ;)

G

·
Doesn't bother me in the least. It doesn't hurt anyone. I think a lot of flag etiquette is rather archaic, and sucks a lot of patriotic potential fun out of Old Glory.

Then again, I think flag burning should remain legal, so most here will disagree with me.

G

·
Mike Barham said:
Doesn't bother me in the least. It doesn't hurt anyone. I think a lot of flag etiquette is rather archaic, and sucks a lot of patriotic potential fun out of Old Glory.

Then again, I think flag burning should remain legal, so most here will disagree with me.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't totally disagree with you, after all the flag stands for freedom; to live free and verbalize/demonstrate our differing opinions.
While I realize that flag burning is legal it still hurts me to see it done, and if done in my presence I probably would say/do something that would get me in trouble.
Last April, four Air Force OSI agents were deployed to the sandbox, all part of my son's graduating class at FLETC, Brunswick, GA. They deployed from Ft Bragg with the 82nd working under Army Intel orders. Although stationed at different bases they have remained close.
Funerals for two of them are being held this week, killed by a roadside bomb, a third had a leg blown off. I met all of these guys at my son's graduation, I can close my eyes and see their faces. My son is going through the survivors' syndrome, says he would have traded his life for theirs. It pains me that we have so many brave men and woman who have served, died or been injured so some jerk can desecrate our flag. I'm reminded of that traitor who should have been tried as such, Jane Fonda. :evil:

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whompuss said:
Last April, four Air Force OSI agents were deployed to the sandbox, all part of my son's graduating class at FLETC, Brunswick, GA. They deployed from Ft Bragg with the 82nd working under Army Intel orders. Although stationed at different bases they have remained close.
Funerals for two of them are being held this week, killed by a roadside bomb, a third had a leg blown off. I met all of these guys at my son's graduation, I can close my eyes and see their faces. My son is going through the survivors' syndrome, says he would have traded his life for theirs. It pains me that we have so many brave men and woman who have served, died or been injured so some jerk can desecrate our flag. I'm reminded of that traitor who should have been tried as such, Jane Fonda. :evil:
I am so sorry to hear that......

One of the things that makes me so very angry is that anti-gay church group that demonstrates outside of the churches where our brave men and women are being memorialized, and their funerals are being held. Do these people not realize that if it were not for those men and women, they would not be able to spew their venom on those who need it least.......
Shame on them!

G

·
SheNine said:
Maybe my attitude is somewhat old fashioned, but I think it's really disrespectful to the flag to wear it like this. On a T-shirt is one thing, but underwear?!?!?! I've even seen women's thongs made with the flag...... :eek:

Would you wear these? Do you think it's irreverant?

I would,nt Burn my Countrys Flag(Yet) But I sure as Hellll would,nt wear it as boxers :!: any Flag,and I dont wear anything else but Boxers :) P.S sori Mr"W" for wat happend.

G

·
whompuss said:
I don't totally disagree with you, after all the flag stands for freedom; to live free and verbalize/demonstrate our differing opinions.
While I realize that flag burning is legal it still hurts me to see it done, and if done in my presence I probably would say/do something that would get me in trouble.
I understand. I've attended more Fallen Comrade ceremonies here in Afghanistan than I can count. I was also present recently to say a last farewell to SSG Charles Browning of my unit just before his flag-draped casket was loaded on the C17 for the final journey home. But the sacrifices of these men and women become meaningless when we begin to voluntarily give up freedoms at home, as we so often do.

The First Amendment protects political speech and dissent. Thus, burning a flag - the very symbol of a political entity - is quite clearly protected by the Constitution. Yes, it upsets many people, but that is what we trade for the blessing of living in a society with such protections on speech.

Would I burn the flag? Of course not. I serve under it and wear it proudly on my shoulder every single day of my life. But if my government should take a turn for the worse, do I want to reserve the right to do so, or for my children to do so as a form of protest?

Absolutely.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
SheNine said:
whompuss said:

One of the things that makes me so very angry is that anti-gay church group that demonstrates outside of the churches where our brave men and women are being memorialized, and their funerals are being held. Do these people not realize that if it were not for those men and women, they would not be able to spew their venom on those who need it least.......
Shame on them!

That is the primary reason I joined the Patroit Guards. To stand with the families and for the fallen to put our backs in the faces of this group of disrespectfull idiots. There are more and more veterns groups standing up to defend the families of the brave men and women that give their lives so we can debate issues on forums like this one. Thousands of motorcycle riders, veterns and non veterns are making life difficult for this little group of crazy folks from KS. GOD stands with us not with them!!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Dennis Miller's take on flag burning

Some of y'all might have read this:

Much has been said and written about this, but nobody can quite put an insightful and ascerbic spin on it like Dennis Miller. Check this out:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it great we live in a country where a Federal Appeals Court can declare the Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional because the words "under God" are a violation of separation of church and state? Well, you know something, your honors: following that logic, wouldn't the fact that you were sworn in with your hand on a Bible render you unemployed? Or maybe we should respond by withholding your obviously unconstitutional "In God we trust" paychecks, huh? Or why don't we just change the phrase to "One nation under a crushing blanket of overly sensitive political correctness?"

If you haven't heard, Michael Newdow, a 49-year old atheist, created a media sensation this week after bringing a lawsuit on behalf of his 8-year old daughter. Well, Mikey, you did a great job of protecting your kid, didn't ya? Put her in the middle of this jingoistic maelstrom. Yeah, you are the dad of the year. Why don't you pick your trophy up when it's safe to come out of hiding?

By the way, to all the people out there making death threats against this man and his daughter: if God had wanted you to kill in His name, you'd be living in the Middle East, not the Midwest.

Well, anyway, it's good to know that all children are now guaranteed the right to come into their classroom in the morning and burn the flag, as long as they don't salute it.

You know folks, I haven't quite figured out the math on this one yet, but I think the aggrieved minority in this culture now is the majority.

And, by the way, to the two judges who authored this fiasco: instead of church and state, maybe you should be worried about the separation of your head and your butt.

Verified through Snopes.com: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/miller2.htm

·
Registered
569 Posts
SheNine said:
whompuss said:

Shame on them!
That would be the "Westboro Baptist Church"...know them well , I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders.

·
Registered
569 Posts
whompuss said:
Mike Barham said:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While I realize that flag burning is legal it still hurts me to see it done, and if done in my presence I probably would say/do something that would get me in trouble. I'm reminded of that traitor who should have been tried as such, Jane Fonda. :evil:
I'd be right there with you defending our flag... and I do remember "Hanoi Jane" too.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it. Heck, I would wear a pair of them boxers myself if I had them. :D They look comfy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts