National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I baught a small .22 when I was 18. Shot it for about 2 years, then traded it off. Wish I still had that thing.

G

·
0 Posts
My first gun purchase was a Llama 1911.
But by then I already had over 11 firearms, boughtby my father with my money.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Actually I take that back, it was an SKS when I was 14. I think that would be considered my first purchase. It was at a gun show, I walked up to a seller that had it on his back and worked him on price a bit and bought it from him. My father was with me but the money never touched his hand. I also still have that rifle, its a fantastic little shooter.

-Derek

H

·
0 Posts
1978 I was 18 and my first gun purchace was a Harrington and Richards .22/.22mag revolver. Don't have it any more, stole out of my truck a year or so later but now I have some 50 guns, mostly rifles and a few shotguns. 20 or so handguns. :--- :--- :--- :---

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
My first gun was a Ruger Single Six 22 long rifle pistol, 5 1/2" barrel. I still have it in the bottom of the gun safe. Purchased in 1962!

·
Registered
179 Posts
1968, i bumped hay all summer and I bought a Marlin bolt action 22 from WEstern Auto. I still have it. It's the worse for wear, but its a good rifle. My first year in the air force i bought a new 1972 Ford truck, a Ruger super blackhawk, a Ruger Mk-II 22LR, and an Interarms Mk-X Mauser in 308 with a Weaver Scope. I was ready for anything.

H

·
0 Posts
Wow, working in the hay. That brings back HORRIABLE memorys. But it was a good way for a young boy to make some bux. I'd kill me now. :--- :--- :--- :---

J

·
0 Posts
Old bolt action .20ga, I think Savage or Sears, I don't remember.

Paid $50 and took many a dove, quail, bunnys and few rattlers in the Pheonix area in 1976 (I was 13) or so.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Most of my guns were hand me downs (or let's say inherited :D ) the first one I ever bought was my Remmy 870 Express. Put a lot of backstraps in the freezer with that gun over the years. Yep!

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Single shot lever break 20 guage Savage shotgun. A very fun beginning shotgum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts