National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when my high school friend turned 18 and purchased his first gun (Mosin Nagant 91-30). Two years later my 18th birthday came and my friend sold me his first Mosin Nagant for $80. To this day I still have that Mosin and by far my favorite rifle in my collect.

·
Aim true !
11,358 Posts
Mossberg 20 gauge pump. My father bought it for me. The day i took my hunting exam. That was 43 years ago. I still hunt with it.

·
Jesus Saves
8,001 Posts
I think I was 17 and my uncle go me into trap shooting. I bought a Remington 1100....it was a beauty. We'd go trap shooting every sunday for a while.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ruger Single six, Flat gate, the firearm I learned to shot with (age 4) Still have it and shoot it regularly it was given to me when I was 13 or 14. Will always be my favorite.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The first pistol was a black powder, Colt .44 New Army.
The first centerfire was a Harrington & Richardson SS 20 gauge. Sadly, I let it get away from me. I haven't found another shotgun I shoot as accurately since.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
S&W Model 36, nickel finish, just like the one in the picture. Bought it to work a plainclothes security job when I turned 21 in the early '70's. I still have it and it looks practically brand new. I had done plenty of shooting in my teens, but those guns were all my Dad's.

·
Registered
14,075 Posts
I was around 10-11 when my dad gave me a Remington 58 12 gauge so i could shoot trap. Still have it.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
First one I bought that was actually mine was a 9mm Hi Point (let the hate begin). It was a turd. Sometimes took 2-3 racks to chamber the first round. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn at any distance. It didn’t last long. Back then I made like $13k/yr. It was cheap, I was early 20’s and lived alone. It was good enough at the time for up close and personal. Believe it or not, I recently found an old box of 9mm I bought for it right before I got rid of it. It’s in my safe now. Almost scared to shoot them. They are well over 20 years old.

·
Registered
14,075 Posts
First one I bought that was actually mine was a 9mm Hi Point (let the hate begin). It was a turd. Sometimes took 2-3 racks to chamber the first round. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn at any distance. It didn’t last long. Back then I made like $13k/yr. It was cheap, I was early 20’s and lived alone. It was good enough at the time for up close and personal. Believe it or not, I recently found an old box of 9mm I bought for it right before I got rid of it. It’s in my safe now. Almost scared to shoot them. They are well over 20 years old.
20 year old ammo will be perfectly fine as long as it was stored properly.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Remington 870, way back when they made a quality product. It came with a slug barrel and all for about $220.
Killed plenty of deer and small game with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First one I purchased was a Springfield XD 45 Service Model.

First gun that was "mine" was a Remington Model 597. My dad bought one for me in 2005 as a gift when I was a teenager. Technically it was "mine" but I could not take legal possession of it until I was 18, so I don't know if that counts or not since I didn't buy it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought a BB gun with money earned selling newspapers when I was nine.

I purchased a Lee-Enfield British No. 4 Mk1 .303 select grade surplus rifle, cleaning kit, and boxes of ammo from the Sears catalog when I was sixteen in 1962. The total including shipping was just under $40.

I purchased my first handgun when I was nineteen and just back from Viet Nam in 1966. It was a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum for $80.

I have bought and sold hundreds of guns since then.

·
Registered
155 Posts
1927 Colt Commercial Government Model M1911A1-the pistol that my grandfather carried as a United States Navy Reserve pilot in WWII. First handgun I ever shot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts