National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find an answer anywhere. Does anybody know what type of scope this is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I know, I know...

It is a telescopic rifle scope! :crazy:

That is a generic no name that gun makers use for their sales flier's. Although I have a Burris that is very similar in shape.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
The rifle is a Remington 700
The bases and rings are Leupold.
The scope has been scrubbed.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
It does remind me of my Burris as well. More specifically, a Burris Fullfield II.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I'm not Popeye, nor do I play him on TV.

By scrubbed, all the markings have been removed.

FWIW I have seen some after market rings and bases that look like those. But we really can't tell unless they were in hand.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
The only truly identifying part of the scope is the eyepiece. It is a one-piece, meaning you can grab anywhere (not just the adjustment ring [?]) to adjust the magnification.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Bushnell Scope Chief that looks very similar. The one I have is a 1.5-6 so the objective bell is smaller.

If the parallex ring does not lock then is a "rear focus." By focusing the image in the scope you set the parallex. Somewhat different than focusing the crosshairs and locking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What caliber do you all suggest? I was going to get 30-06, but now a few people are telling me to get a 7mm mag instead. What do you all think?

*edit*

The price of the ammo is also a concerning factor. What is the difference between each type of round?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
What are you planning on doing with it? You can take just about every game animal in North America with the 30-06. The 7mm is a magnum unless you are talking some of the European cartridges. Since you mentioned price as a concern, 30-06 will be the cheapest with the largest selection of bullets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are you planning on doing with it? You can take just about every game animal in North America with the 30-06. The 7mm is a magnum unless you are talking some of the European cartridges. Since you mentioned price as a concern, 30-06 will be the cheapest with the largest selection of bullets.
I'm planning on going deer hunting.

·
55,659 Posts
Get the .30-06. Ammunition is less expensive and comes in more variations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You all said those were leupold rings and base? Anybody have a link to the exact model? Sorry for all the noob questions but I've been doing some extensive price shopping. :lol:

I'm pretty sure I found which scope it is.

Burris Fullfield II

Either one of these

3x9x50

3.5x10x50

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also, what's the difference between a 40mm and a 50mm scope? Advantages of each? Does that mean the glass is 40/50mm across?

·
55,659 Posts
Also, what's the difference between a 40mm and a 50mm scope?
10mm

The 50mm objective lens will deliver more light to your eye than the 40mm lens. I seriously doubt you will notice the difference with a scope in this price range at any time of the day.

The 50mm lens will have to be mounted, at least, 5mm higher above the axis of the bore than the 40mm scope. This additional height will lower the absolute zero (I think that's what it is called) of your rifle. Think of it as a triangle with the center of your barrel, the center of your scope lens and the target as the points. The farther the scope is from the bore, the steeper the angle and the shorter "zero distance" you have.

DAMN! I explained that badly.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
What ranges are you hunting and/or shooting?

I have that scope and it's been great. Replaced it recently with a scope with greater magnification, but I'll move it over to my AR 15 once I build it. Want to start moving my .30-06 out to greater distances.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also, what's the difference between a 40mm and a 50mm scope? Advantages of each? Does that mean the glass is 40/50mm across?
yes distance across the lens opposite your eye.larger the lens the more light it allows in which helps in that last few minutes of daylight.as far as which power your really not talking about much of a difference so whichever is cheaper i would say.3x9 is probably the most popular varible power scope on the market and will do about everything you want it too.i love the .30 cals but the 7mm is a good rnd as well. being @.28 caliber its flatter shooting but there are not as many bullet options for different animals but as a deer sized game rifle it does well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts