National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to start reloading but have no idea what kind of setup I should get. I was thinking about the Dillion Sqaure deal B. Any thoughts on this would be great.

·
Galactic Effectuator
525 Posts
Cropper, you practically cannot buy a bad press. I've owned RCBS, Lyman, Lee and now Dillon and they all work well - at least as well as the operator can run them.

I'm pretty well sold on Dillon these days. I have an XL 650 and an AT 500 for low volume/precision stuff. I wore out the Lee (turret) after using it for around fifteen years and I'd still have the RCBS and Lyman if some egg-sucking-dog hadn't stolen them.

I don't think you should be afraid of progressive presses, either. The instructions are good and it will not run out of control. Presuming you can read and follow directions.

Any of the Dillon products are good and up. I like the 650 because it will load all the rifle ammo I use as well as pistol ammo. Next on the list is the shotgun machine.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I would suggest a good single stage press to start with, then, if you like reloading you can move up to a progressive set-up. The single stage will help you learn the basics of re loading, & to understand what you are doing a lot better. Then, when you add your progressive press, the single stage is handy for working up new loads & for running ammo that you only use a few of. Like for your hunting rifles.
A word of caution though..................Reloading is very addictive :!: Enjoy. :-B-:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts