National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The Manchurian Candidate is a novel by Richard Condon, first published in 1959. It is a political thriller about the son of a prominent U.S. political family who is brainwashed into being an unwitting assassin for a Communist conspiracy.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To distract us from what?
I love a good conspiracy, so what is it with 2 shootings on naval bases in a few days?

·
Jesus Saves
7,795 Posts
To distract us from what?
I love a good conspiracy, so what is it with 2 shootings on naval bases in a few days?
Hmmm......what would the left anti-gunners want us distracted from. What's hot in the news that may be backfiring (a few hot topics to pick from) and how else can they further support their desire to remove guns? A double hit for them.........and to make it better; the shooter is dead.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
One question, are they mooslim? We won't know of they are, because they won't tell us.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
13,414 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have nothing against training the military foriegn countries as long as they are friendly. Saudi Arabia may be an ally but they are not really friendly.

If it's true and 3 of them filmed it instead of trying to stop him, I have to agree with rep Scott. Our government to to rethink the whole program a bit. If nothing else, to sell the our outdated and junk aircraft, let them furnish and finance a school in their country and pay us to send limited trainers there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
So where did this guy get the gun from?

·
Live Free
2,797 Posts
A lot of our military bases are gun free zones. For those living in base quarters of any kind, they are required to store their firearms at the base armory. Hated that policy when I served...did not always comply, but mostly lived off base to avoid the stupidity.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,279 Posts
So where did this guy get the gun from?
his service side arm
I wonder if only Americans were shot, if only the Saudis filmed, and if anyone tried to stop him

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
his service side arm
I wonder if only Americans were shot, if only the Saudis filmed, and if anyone tried to stop him

If so, why is a foreign soldier allowed to bring a sidearm with him for flight training?

·
Registered
535 Posts
If so, why is a foreign soldier allowed to bring a sidearm with him for flight training?
That is a really good question.
I know some foriegn nationals can legally buy handguns in the US while they are here. They just can not take them with them when they leave for the most part. Depends on the laws in their home countries as well as ours. I wonder if Saudi's can purchase here. I am not sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
Murders/Suicide at Pearl Harbor were by Active Duty Armed Guard

Dean Weingarten
December 6, 2019

U.S.A. —-(Ammoland.com)- On 4 December 2019,at about 2:30 p.m. in Hawaii, at the Pearl Harbor shipyard, an armed sailor guarding the nuclear attack submarine the Columbia, shot and killed two shipyard workers and wounded a third. The armed guard then killed himself with his government-issued M9 9mm Beretta pistol.

The guard used his government-issued M4 carbine (5.56 mm) to kill the two civilian workers and wound the third. From heavy.com:

The Columbia is a Los Angeles-class submarine, meaning it is a nuclear-powered fast attack submarine. At the time of the attack, the Columbia was in drydock for maintenance, and Romero was assigned as an armed guard to monitor the submarine.​

The incident has dropped off the media radar. The murderer was an active duty sailor officially assigned guard duty. None of the infringements on Second Amendment rights being suggested by those who wish a disarmed population would have made the slightest difference in this case. All have exceptions for people who are engaged in their military missions while being officially armed by the government.

In this case, some have suggested the sailor had anger control and discipline problems. From hawaiinewsnow.com:

Romero used his service weapons ― an M4 rifle and an M9 pistol ― in the shooting and on Wednesday had been assigned to stand watch at a submarine undergoing repairs.

The multiple sources, who requested anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, expressed concern Romero had been assigned an armed position at the shipyard despite his history of problems.

Those who the government issues firearms are people as well as the rest of us.

People who have gone to the trouble of obtaining a carry permit from the government are many times less likely to break the law than police are.

Hawaii has a very low crime rate and very restrictive gun laws. Two other island entities within the jurisdiction of the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, also have very strict gun laws. It is arguable their gun laws are more restrictive than Hawaii's, but they are, at minimum, comparable. Their murder and crime rates are several times greater than the United States average. From an article written in 2015:

Three United States island polities with quite similar, strict, gun control laws. Two have murder rates more than 7 and 5 times greater than the United States average; one has a murder rate one third as great as the United States average.

It is clear that the gun control laws are not a major factor in the rate of murder.​

Few people in the world would dispute the necessity of an armed guard for a nuclear attack submarine. Few would dispute the necessity of armed police to maintain public order.

In the United States, many millions of legally armed citizens have shown they are more trustworthy than the police.

Severe restrictions on ordinary peoples' access to firearms do not affect the murder rate. They do not prevent mass murders. They restrict ordinary people from legally owning and using firearms.

They restrict the power of the ordinary person. That is their purpose, and what they are meant to do.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/12/murders-suicide-at-pearl-harbor-were-by-active-duty-armed-guard/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts