National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Learning everyday
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Para Ordnance 1911 G1 Expert .45 auto 5” barrel with 4 mags, an inner leather holster and outer plastic holster, and about 200 rounds for it. The gun has probably had just over a thousand rounds go through it but works great. It just looks worn. I also have aftermarket grips. I have no other gun that shoots a .45 so I should get rid of ammo as well. I’m looking at going to a large gun show soon and want to sell it so I can buy an AR.

Attachments

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,961 Posts
I'll give yo $50.00

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you have a Para that runs well, you're one of the exceptions. I'd avoid misrepresenting it's ability to function smoothly,
and if it runs as well as you say, you may have to prove it.

You may see about 300$, on a good day. There's just too many 1911s that have a reliable rep for you to do better.

Sorry . . .

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,917 Posts
Do some market research...
Go on gun broker and armslist etc.etc and search for your gun. That will give you pretty good idea of what they are selling for.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
time is money.......

a one day attempt to sell or apply as a trade-in will mean a low value......

go to your local gun shop and put it on consignment sale or put in on gunbroker.......dictate your price......it will move as long as the price is reasonable. It will gather dust if the price is too high.....the higher the price the thicker the dust.

its a used gun with a used finish and used leather with used mags and the ammo had best be in unbroken boxes.....
top dollar probably $400....eventually...if the right person comes along.....and you have patience and time.

you will get lower offers.......how much of "in a hurry" are you?

·
Aim true !
10,318 Posts
If your 1911 works well. Keep it. Sellers remorse sucks. Just save up for the AR.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Learning everyday
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do some market research...
Go on gun broker and armslist etc.etc and search for your gun. That will give you pretty good idea of what they are selling for.
After some research the bidding on the lowest starts at 429 on gun broker but those are in better condition and without holsters.

·
Learning everyday
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
time is money.......

a one day attempt to sell or apply as a trade-in will mean a low value......

go to your local gun shop and put it on consignment sale or put in on gunbroker.......dictate your price......it will move as long as the price is reasonable. It will gather dust if the price is too high.....the higher the price the thicker the dust.

its a used gun with a used finish and used leather with used mags and the ammo had best be in unbroken boxes.....
top dollar probably $400....eventually...if the right person comes along.....and you have patience and time.

you will get lower offers.......how much of "in a hurry" are you?
No hurry really. Maybe before mid April would be nice.

·
Learning everyday
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If your 1911 works well. Keep it. Sellers remorse sucks. Just save up for the AR.
I don’t use it anymore. It’s literally collecting dust now as it sits in the safe. Glock replaced it as my everyday carry.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,961 Posts
The accessories (holsters & ammunition) add nothing to you pistol's resale price. The magazines may add $10.00 each.

I own several ParaOrd 1911s and am pleased with them. Were you in CA, I'd offer $300.00 for everything.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
SPEED NAILED IT....Or I`ll give ya $50.10 and that is a high offer here so far

1 - 13 of 13 Posts