Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been debating on which gun i should get so i thought id ask on the forum,

Ruger 10 22 vs savage 64 .22

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I think they are both good guns but I would have to cast my vote for the Ruger. Lots of aftermarket support.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
I'd take the Ruger. Just me.

--Wag--

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy, know what I'm getting now !

·
1911 addict
1,040 Posts
Just to play devils advocate........buy and enjoy both

·
Registered
826 Posts
Another vote for ruger. Well over 10,000 rounds through mine, still all original parts with no problems. I want another one too to build into a tack driver.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I see you list your location as Canada.

My question to you is can you in fact own a semi-auto 22 rifle in Canada with its strict gun laws??

·
Registered
4 Posts
22 Long Rifle
Savage Mark II FSS Vs. Ruger 10 22

Savage FSS 22LR, BSA Sweet 22 Scope Vs. Ruger 10-22, 28”Green Mountain Stainless Steel bull barrel, Archangel stock, Mueller 4–16X50 scope

Please find below four combinations of ammunition shot through a Savage Mark II FSS and a modified Ruger 10 22. I did a lot of research online before purchasing my Savage Mark II FSS 22LR, I found only great comments about the rifle and it’s superior out of the box accuracy. Early last month I received my brand new Savage Mark II FSS, I immediately went to the range to see the great accuracy for myself. I was very disappointed to find that rifle had extremely poor accuracy. I sent the rifle back to Savage with an explanation of the rifle’s performance along with other minor manufacturing related issues. I received the rifle yesterday with a note and a paper with three shots grouping 1.2 inches at 100 yrds with Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match 40 grain solid bullets to prove the rifle was within specifications. With this I went to the range to see for myself and compared the Savage FSS to my Ruger 10 22 with its huge 28” Green Mountain Stainless bull barrel. Following are the results, 10 shots, under identical conditions, so you can draw your own conclusions:

Savage FSS, 50 yrds, Wolf Match Extra 0.8” group
Ruger 10-22, 50 yrds, Wolf Match Extra 0.5” group

Savage FSS, 50 yrds, CCI Velocitor 2.4” group.
Ruger 10-22, 50 yrds, CCI Velocitor 0.9” group

Savage FSS, 50 yrds, Aguila SuperExtra Subsonic 1.1 ” group.
Ruger 10-22, 50 yrds, Aguila SuperExtra Subsonic 1” group.

Savage FSS, 50 yrds, Remington Target 1.9” group.
Ruger 10-22, 50 yrds, Remington Target, 1.2” group.

Savage FSS, 50 yrds, Federal Champion ($1.99 box of 50), 4.6” group.
Ruger 10-22, 50 yrds, Federal Champion ($1.99 a box of 50), 0.9” group. What a surprise, match accuracy with very cheap ammunition.

I’m not keeping the Savage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own three Ruger 10 22 and I love them all, kind like I love my children,... they are all very different, but great in their very special ways...

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Ruger --- I just love them. 10/22 has such a proven track record.

·
Banned
192 Posts
The 10 22 and a few hi cap mags and you just might be able to shoot till warm weather comes back. Nice not to have to reload mags in sub freezing weather. it also digests the cheapest ammo made without a burp. I call the garbage piffers cause they do not go bang.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts