National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored to tears in quarantine. While I'm pretty sure this virus nonsense isn't going to progress into a Mad Max movie, this is always a fun subject.
What type of firearms are you planning on protecting yourself with in a full societal breakdown?

I'm pretty lame with your basic 870 Remington police style shotgun and a CZ-p01 9mm pistol

I know some of you guys got some cool stuff out there. What are you fighting the zombies off with?

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
SIG 365, S&W, M&P 2.0, Mossberg 500, HK P7, my dog, and a mean as a snake wife..............

·
Registered
261 Posts
My entire collection would, in some way, be kept at my disposal, what I carry with me depends on what I'm doing and what resources are available.

That said, my single most frequently used gun would probably be my Glock 43x, ammo is widely available, and it's slim and light, making it easy to comfortably keep it on my person most of the time.

My CZ 511 (.22 semi rifle) would see a lot of use, quiet, accurate, easy to maintain, and stopping power doesn't matter if you need a headshot anyway.

My S&W model 28 (6" barrel) would be helpful in the long term. Easy to police brass, making reloading more viable, not to mention, if I run out of ammo in the field, I can still use it as a bludgeon. :wink:

Everything else would depend on the circumstances.

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
AR, SKS and 12 gauge pump. For closer work my 1911 and if it got down to it I’d have a 10” 12 gauge SXS.

·
Aim true !
9,464 Posts
I have all my guns and mags loaded just incase. It used to be pretty laid back around my area. But things have changed with big city folks moving into the area. At least they stay off the mountain. Woods are scary to them lol.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Mossberg persuader, AR-15 and glock 17. reliable, have the most mags and a decent supply of ammo. Them dang zombies better watch out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm bored to tears in quarantine. While I'm pretty sure this virus nonsense isn't going to progress into a Mad Max movie, this is always a fun subject.
What type of firearms are you planning on protecting yourself with in a full societal breakdown?

I'm pretty lame with your basic 870 Remington police style shotgun and a CZ-p01 9mm pistol

I know some of you guys got some cool stuff out there. What are you fighting the zombies off with?
Mike, pretty lame the same here with a Remmy 870 Express police pump. I have a Colt Cobra .38 on my next gun list but the pump will have to do for now. 25 shells in inventory. I don't feel inadequately armed living near Fort Sill, artillery post.

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
what is more evil and dangerous?

a zombie or a liberal?.........:cornut:
liberal, at least with a zombie you KNOW what they're up to...........

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
Zombie's? ...... my Henry lever .22lr and Browning buckmark .22lr.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Zombie eh 10/22 Ruger 50 round clip/clipazines/maglip/magazines (which ever u prefer) .22 Ruger Simmons .22 Mag scope dropping zombies all day

·
Super Moderator
14,144 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
20,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
For regular folks just my EDC 1911 and the good old AR-15
Now for zombies, my .44 magnum lever rifle, .44 magnum revolver, and the .12 gauge Mossberg Retrograde.
Zombies are more fun to shoot.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I am marooned in Austin, Tx. My meager gun collection is locked in my small vault in Del Rio. Tx. IF I have to defend what my family has here in Austin I will have to do it with a 20 pump shot gun, 2 boxes of #8 skeet shot shells, and a 2 shot .22 magnum derringer. Talk about irony. :lol::lol::crazy:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts