National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry ahead of time, this is my first post and I'm not quite sure what category this would have fallen into. But I recently acquired an old Mauser style action rifle and I just cannot pinpoint what specific make and model it is. I have been leaning towards an 1895 Chilean Mauser carbine? But it just doesn't exactly fit. IMG_20200221_151305698.jpg IMG_20200221_151254557.jpg IMG_20200221_151428296.jpg

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
My best guess is a 1916 spanish mauser. is there any other markings or a crest of top of the receiver?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a number ontop of the bolt handle but it's hard to make out and my camera doesn't pick it up well. I believe it is 7372.

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
There is a number ontop of the bolt handle but it's hard to make out and my camera doesn't pick it up well. I believe it is 7372.
The number on the bolt should just be a serial number. It's different from the other serial number because it's miss matched which is super common and could have been done anytime during it's life. Many times does in a arsenal refurb or just one of it's owners at some point.

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Post a photo of the top of the receiver ring, bolt face, bolt thumb safety /collar. Then we will have something to work with. Just hope the receiver crest has not been removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts