National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a beautiful pump-action shotgun the other day, and I can’t figure out who made it, or where its from. All it says on it is Firearms Co, London LTD on the action. I can’t find said company anywhere online, and none of the gun stores that I have brought it to can tell me anything about its origins. It looks really great, and I’m pretty positive that its European (duh) and that it is relatively old. Any help would be fantastic.

·
5,082 Posts
I purchased a beautiful pump-action shotgun the other day, and I can’t figure out who made it, or where its from. All it says on it is Firearms Co, London LTD on the action. I can’t find said company anywhere online, and none of the gun stores that I have brought it to can tell me anything about its origins. It looks really great, and I’m pretty positive that its European (duh) and that it is relatively old. Any help would be fantastic.
So would pics...I'll see what I can find out from what you posted....

There's more marks...perhaps dull...that you have missed if it is a pump...
There is...or was...something in front of "Firearms Co..." etc...

1shot

·
5,082 Posts
i am usually up all night from leg pain and moderating an international forum...

Hopefully someone will chide in...as to this maker/model/copy etc...but if not , check
back later...I have a good UK source...former arms maker...but is 6 hours later there
(4 am)....around 1 am TX time I may have something....

Also thanx for pics....I am guessing from barrel size possibly a .410...popular
in UK....you "might" find caliber or .410 or shell lengths sizes etc lightly inscribed
along barrel right after the breech or action...

I am still working on it..

1shot

·
5,082 Posts
Hello...is about 5:10 am Texas time here.....

Just checked and my UK friend had replied " info provided
including pics does not ring any bells, but he will inquiries today "..

Will post back any info of maker etc I can find or that I may
receive...

1shot

·
5,082 Posts
I like puzzles. I found that there was/is a "Firearms Co, of Bridgewater, England, and they make custom Mauser rifles in several calibers plus they also made shotguns. Can"t get a lot of info, but there is such a company.

Firearms Co, England

Single Shot "Argyle shotgun", believe it is the same company

Hope this might help a bit to get closer.

WC
Very good woodcanoe...:thumbsup: I think you may be on to something...all I was
finding was the "small arms Co LTD etc...

But I also believe the "Bridgewater and Argyle types are a link...

Still looking...another example from this maker...

Tennants Auctioneers: SHOTGUN CERTIFICATE REQUIRED FOR THIS LOT<BR>An Argyle 12 Bore Single Barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a couple more minutes to work on this and discovered that Numrich has some parts for these guns. My older son has the Numrich parts catalog, but he is not around at the moment, and I do not know where he keeps it. That may be another source of info. Most info that I have found is about the rifles they built using a custom Mauser action. I have seen a few pics of shotguns, none that look like this one.

Looking for this info is fun though.

WC

·
5,082 Posts
I had a couple more minutes to work on this and discovered that Numrich has some parts for these guns. My older son has the Numrich parts catalog, but he is not around at the moment, and I do not know where he keeps it. That may be another source of info. Most info that I have found is about the rifles they built using a custom Mauser action. I have seen a few pics of shotguns, none that look like this one.

Looking for this info is fun though.

WC
Yes..fun indeed..

I saw Numrich link...they had only one "argyle" weapon as I saw..a few parts and
no diagram etc...

I am still waiting to hear later from my UK pal..I passed on what you found as
to Bridgewater and Argyle etc to aid him i inquiries...

regards.

1shot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New development: I totally over looked some numbers on the barrel, and on the breech, and on the bolt thing. On the barrel, from the top it says * s (sideways) 184. Next row: 719” BNP (with a crown over it) and the a 12 inside a diamond. Last row: 3 1/4 Tons per square inch. It also says BNP on the ejection port, and on the receiver. All of the BNPs have tiny little crowns over them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts