National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, my favorite rifle range drill is shooting clay pigeons off the backstop at 100 yrds.. and then shooting all the little pieces I can spot. I shoot the 'big' 4 inch ones and the little 2 inch ones as well. I shoot open sights. I use binos to spot the little peices and mark the spot. That requires a blind shot which can be a challenge! I like reactive targets. I shoot the clays with everything from AR to .22 to FAL to handguns.

On the pistol range, its all about 2 to the torso 1 to the head, mag change and do it again. I do that until it's literally engrained in my muscle memory. All strong hand work. I don't like using weak hand which of course means that's something I should be working on.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Keeping them going downrange!!!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Using a balloon on a 6" string off a post at 200 yards, open sights. even on a day with a very slight breeze that balloon rolls all over the place.

·
Banned
106 Posts
I do something like a rifle and handgun drill.

We have a field that is 150 meters, and we start of with something like an AR15. We have 30 rounds of ammo for the AR15s, and 15 10cm clay targets. Then once we get to about 50 meters, we drop our rifles and switch to handguns. Then we unload a clip of ammo on a man sized target.

This is more like a game than a drill, the person with the most ammo, most hits, and fastest time wins.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I like to relax, sit at the bench and just dial in my sights and produce a tight group.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
I like to tie a fly to a string and shoot his wings off ;).

Seriously though. Failure to stop, multiple targets from the groucho. That has got to be about my favorite.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I guess that the only drill I have is to shoot at a standard target, then put up a few that have multiple smaller targets on one sheet.

I find it more difficult to hit tagrets that are not in my direct natural point of aim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts