National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are so many different types of ammo that they have made for " Carry Ammo". What do you have in your firearm?

I carry Corbon DPX. Its a all Copper Round.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Re: What is You Carry Ammo?

Country Dad said:
I know that there are so many different types of ammo that they have made for " Carry Ammo". What do you have in your firearm?

I carry Corbon DPX. Its a all Copper Round.
Thats an excellent choice. I like all the Cor-bon ammo but tend to pack Winchester Silvertips. (just in case I run into any werewolves.)

I hear that the Hornady TAP is nice too, but I don't see it around in the local gunstores. Maybe its just for the LEO's.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts

Hornady TAP is not just for LEOs. If you can't find it locally, Midway and others carry it.

·
Registered
648 Posts

I use hornady TAP in .45 ACP. Either 200 +p or 230 standard vel.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts

owtlaw said:
I use hornady TAP in .45 ACP. Either 200 +p or 230 standard vel.
I haven't seen much documentation or promo material on the TAP products. What does Hornady claim as the advantage? The projectile, the flash level, the overall power of the round? Or is it just a merchandising thing?

G

·

I use Winchester Ranger 155 grn HP in the .40 & Hornady Custom XTP for the 380. I want to carry Corbon Pow'R'Ball(380 Auto) but I can't find it in any of my local stores & I haven't ordered any yet.

I'm always open to Ammo suggestions. I just carry the Ranger because it is reliable & it sells for $14 per 50. I carry the Hornady XTP because it seems to load decent in my Kel-Tec P3AT.

-Matt

G

·
I carry the Horady TAP ammunition in my g23. that is what was suggested to me from a few reliable sources and it appears to be the best and most reliable. its not expensive either.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Again, does anyone know of any tests or studies done to compare the Hornady TAP product to other high-end defensive loads? I've seen the data for the Corbon, Ranger, Hydra-Shok, Silvertip and a few others, but nothing yet on the TAP product. Anybody know of any PDs or other agencies carrying it?

It's pretty new and, again, I just wondered whether it's good because Hornady says it's good or because there are data to prove it. I'm kinda' a data-driven guy when it comes to what I put in my defensive firearms.

G

·
What caliber?
.45 ACP - Hornaday TAP 230 grain HP +P
9mm - Winchester Ranger 115 grain HP +P+
.40 - Winchester Ranger HP 155 grain
.38 - Speer Gold Dot +P (just bought some Federal +P+ that I'm gonna try)
.357 Mag - Federal HP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts