National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Sigs, Glock, Beretta, Hk, etc., etc., etc.

What is people's personal experience with reliability, dirt sand, water, mud and grime! Has anyone actually tested their weapons, like the glock torture test? Let's see who actually has "no compromise" or to "hell & back reliability" or "perfection," whatever slogan you chose!
:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My lowly Ruger P89 9mm has digested at a minimum, 5000 rounds, all reloads, all HPs with no malfunctions whatsoever. My P90 .45 has had a few burps, but I can count them on one hand, in about a thousand rounds.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I have to agree with gunman42782. Wile I haven't had very much trouble with any of my sem-auto pistols, & the trouble was probably my fault that I did have, my Ruger P89DC has never failed me even one time. I don't know exactly how many rounds I've put through it, but it has to be close to the 8,000 mark. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Easy. Hands-down my P89DC. Never had a problem with it, I've put several thousands of rounds in it, it takes anything from the cheapest-discounted clearance ammo on up with zero feeding issues. You can use the thing (literally) as a hammer and it'll keep on firing like it came new from the factory.

It isn't the prettiest gun out there, but I'd stake my life on it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can't choose between my Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm, or my SIG P229 with either the .40 S&W or 357 Sig barrel. I trust them equally, and come to think of it, they were both similarly priced.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neither my Glock 17 nor my 26 has ever malfunctioned. My issue Beretta 92 is also 100%.

Torture tests for guns used by Joe Citizen are silly. When was the last time your carry pistol was buried in mud, thrown from a helicopter, or run over by a truck? A better test would be shooting it without lube or after sitting in a holster/drawer for six months.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gona have to go with the P89 as well.... I've owned one for 14 years, and shot 1000's of rounds with it over the years....

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
My most reliable semi-auto is easily my Colt MK IV Series 70 .45. Put thousands of rounds through it before I ever really learned how to take care of it (first handgun...16yoa). Still operates perfect to this day. Ironically, I have had nothing but trouble with my Colt 10mm Delta Elite.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Had a Mauser Hsc .32 that ran perfect for about 28yrs being shot an average of 50rds a month I would guess. It belonged to my wife. She was/is very good with it. Had a gunsmith but in fresh springs and it hasn't run near perfect since. Took it back several times and still not perfect like it was. I just got into bottom feeders about 2 or 3 years ago and my S&W 1911 has been flawless so far. :i:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
I love my CZ! Although I've only had mine a while, people that I know who've had them swear by their reliability........ and most of the European police force can't be wrong! ;)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mike Barham said:
Neither my Glock 17 nor my 26 has ever malfunctioned. My issue Beretta 92 is also 100%.

Torture tests for guns used by Joe Citizen are silly. When was the last time your carry pistol was buried in mud, thrown from a helicopter, or run over by a truck? A better test would be shooting it without lube or after sitting in a holster/drawer for six months.
That's why I chose the Sig...it's "battle tested" here's a list of it's useage:
P226
United States
Alameda County Sheriff's Office
United States Navy SEALs
Texas Rangers
Texas Highway Patrol
Dallas Police Department
Michigan State Police
Ohio State Highway Patrol
New York City Police Department
Massachusetts State Police (P226 DAK, .40 S&W)
Rhode Island State Police (in .357 SIG)
San Francisco Police Department
Oklahoma Highway Patrol (.357 SIG)
United Kingdom
SAS
British Armed Forces under the designation L105A1
Canada
Canadian Forces have had the weapon on limited issue for some time with JTF2 and the Military Police.
France
GIGN
Ireland
Irish Army Rangers
Emergency Response Unit (Garda)
Iran
Adopted it for use under license by Defense Industries Organization as the ZOAF and, currently, as the PC9 pistol
Japan
Special Assault Team
Japanese Self-Defense Forces, licensed as Minebea P9 for the JGSDF.
Malaysia
Pasukan Gerakan Khas
VAT 69/UTK
New Zealand
New Zealand Army
Singapore
Singapore Armed Forces

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Of all my semis, the most reliable is also one of the least expensive, my EAA/Tanfoglio Witness fullsize in .45ACP. After initial break-in, which took about 300 rounds and a hand polishing of the feedramp and installation of a slightly heavier recoil spring - it has been flawless with no Failures to feed, no failures to fire and no failures to eject with any ammo, including several hundred rounds of Wolf steel cased and it is one of the most accurate guns I own. I once shot a 3/4" group of 10 rounds (PMC Target FMJ) in the X ring from 25 feet, modified Weaver stance. The closest I've ever come to duplicating this was a 7/8" group from my SIGARMS Pro 2340 shooting American Eagle 180gr FMJTC mid power range ammo - and that gun cost me 2.5 times as much. Just my experience, your's may vary.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
My Glock 17 hands down, or my Kimber Gold Match. Both like to gobble up most ammo.

The Kimber is much harder to take down and clean so the Glock has to be the best over the long haul.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The best I have had so far are the Baby Eagles. I have several in the all steel semi compact. All have never had a hiccup of any kind and they have at least 5000 rounds thru each. The 40 SW will absolutely stack bullets at 25 yds if you can hold it that good. Never an issue, extremely accurate, great triggers, what's not to like?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Trapper L,
If I remember correctly, the Baby Eagles are/were made by Tanfoglio in Italy and are very similar in all respects to their line of Witness pistols, which are in turn licensed knockoffs of the CZ-75 family????????
Can you confirm?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Most of the parts are made by Tanfoglio and shipped to Magnum Research for assembly. They are a CZ clone. I prefer the size and hand fit versus the CZ though. The only bad thing I can say about them is there are hardly any after market accessories for them. Hogue grips, which I have for all of them, is the only one I'm aware of.

As far as Tanfoglio making the parts, there are a bunch of companies making parts for others. Kimber uses outside sources for some of their parts, Rock Island, Charles Daly, and S&W do the same as do most of the gun makers. Some, like Remington, just rebadge a gun with their name. Other than Colt, I don't know of a pistol makers that doesn't use an outside source for some of the parts.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I just bought a "Baby" Desert Eagle, (see "Best Semi For The Money" thread), and I've heard nothing but good about the EAA Witness in .45 ACP. It's very similar to the Baby Eagle, and it's really tempting for the price, (under $400.00). Everyone I've talked to that has one say they run really well. I like all steel guns. Bill T.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I really like my Witness, and, well...yes I really like my CZ-75, and for that matter I really like all my guns, but...oh hell, here's the EAA Tanfolglio full size .45 compared to the CZ-75B 9mm:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts