National Gun Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
Keep looking. The shotshell reloaders I see in other forums are saying that the primers are hard to come by.

--Wag--

· Super Moderator
16,595 Posts
Many years ago, my grandfather started rebuilding shotgun primers. He had a little tool (one of the few things that got away from me) which would press the primer out of the bushing it's in and then press another LR or LP (I think) into the bushing. It was kinda tedious work and primers were plentiful. Who woulda thought things would have digressed to the point they're at today....

Alan

· Registered
17,515 Posts
Keep looking. The shotshell reloaders I see in other forums are saying that the primers are hard to come by.

--Wag--
Many shotgun powders are also scarce. I use claydot and haven't been able to get any in quite some time. I ended up buying some clays so at some point I'll have to figure out another load.

Alan,
When I was a kid my dad ran a skeet/trap club in RI and they shot over a bluff at the ocean. The shoreline was littered with wads and my dad would have my brothers and I pick them up in trash bags. The guys would go through them and pick the brands they used and ones that didn't look too bad and reuse them. I seem to remember my dad talking about doing the primer thing as well. This was when stuff was cheap, back in 1980ish and I remember everyone mad when shot went from like $8 to $9 a bag.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts