National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only tried carrying my gun on a belt holster. I am looking for a better way to conceal my gun. It is a para ordnance. I was thinking maybe IWB or even a pocket holster. Which way is the best? Maybe some reasons why too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For really deep concealment I use my SmartCarry. I can conceal my G30 (or my Kahr) and a spare mag (or 3 for the Kahr) with no problems.

Drawbacks are: If you’re seated in a car with your seat belt on, the gun is inaccessible. I put the G30 or Kahr in the armrest when I'm driving.

After buying my Kahr MK9, I can really hide it well in a pocket holster. Gun is positively the best I have for CC. (IWB is excellent for this gun too)

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the Kahr MK9 Elite in a Kramer IWB.

Most of the time I just stick a NAA Guardian 32 ACP in my pocket in a "pocket holster" -- which is a sleeve to keep it square in the pocket.

Lately for "carry" I put a 45 ACP Springfield XD Tactical in a folio, with a Glock GTL 21 laser. It's huge, but a leather portfolio carries it easily and without a second glance. I think folio carry is under-utilzed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like IWB for concealed carry. If you get a good quality holster you can carry and noone will be the wiser. I like a Don Hume IWB rig for my 4 inch Springfield 1911. Cover it with a shirt and no one knows.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
fatdogmgk said:
I like IWB for concealed carry. If you get a good quality holster you can carry and noone will be the wiser. I like a Don Hume IWB rig for my 4 inch Springfield 1911. Cover it with a shirt and no one knows.
+1 here's my rig

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gunzzi said:
fatdogmgk said:
+1 here's my rig

while not a really bad design for a holster the biggest problem i have with it is re holstering. at times just as important as getting the gun out and with that design you tend to sweep body parts unnecessarily. i prefer the comp-tac or the milt-sparks. both very good holsters. those thin ones are good if your on a budget tho.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
This one draws real easy (1 o'clock) and is comfortable. I figure I have more time to reholster than I do to draw. You're right, it is cumbersome to reholster this one. :|

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have owned and carried the North American 22 mini mag for years. I have a custom pocket holster made by Guru and I can carry it in shorts with a t shirt and it's impossible to detect. My first round is CCI birdshot. I can easily kill a snake or if need to defend shoot a thug in the face. While he's blinded the next 4 rounds are CCI hollow points and will finish the job. It's small and definitely a belly gun.

My second concealed carry I use when out doing my job is the Seecamp 32 loaded with silvertips. Also in a pocket holster by Guru. It looks like a wallet in the back pocket of jeans. Although it has no sights it is amazingly accurate and I have no problem hitting a vital area on a siloutte (sp) target at normal self defence distances. When dress permits (heavy winter clothing I carry the Glock 26 with 10+2 mag= 13 shots. Inside the belt Galco holster. It is loaded with Hydra Shok 124 gr +P+, I'll bet my life on it. I've seen autopsy pix of a stiff who took this round, the metal post will punch through breast bone or ribs with ease, the mushroom part of the round turns the innards into a semi liquid mess. Or, if you get a head shot- One shot, that's all. Very dead.
The final part of my on the road arsenal is a Mossbery LE grade 18" pump tricked out by AirPro, loaded with 5+1 LE low recoil #4 buck. (buy online from ammoman.com, $189 per case of 250, free ship, best price anywhere) Most cops hearabouts use this round in their cruiser pumps. The #4 buck has 27 pellets and will rip apart anybody. The smaller shot and lower velocity lessens collateral damage. I know folks who load 3" mag 00 buck with 13 pellets. The strays will go through a car door, gas pump and take out civilians inside
the convenience store. Same for home defensr. the 3" mag 00 buck will go through 3 or 4 walls and kill your kids, pets and take out your big screen.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I use a Wilson Combat "Featherweight" IWB. It stays open when reholstering and has "ears" that protect the safety and keep you from wiping it off. I usually tuck in a t shirt and wear a button down shirt with a busy print to hide the print of the gun. I carry a commander- sized 1911, and dont really care for small guns. This system works pretty well for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I carry a Sig 226 in a VMII and a Rafter S belt. I was out in shorts and a polo shirt today and printed very little. I'm 6' and about 195 pounds.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Baldy said:
I carry a KT-3AT in my front pocket everywhere I go. :)

I do the same!

Its hard to "deep" conceal a large gun. A para is too big for a front pocket, unless you are one big dude! It will drag down your pants and print. It is easy to spot someone carrying even a medium frame gun, 20+ OZ in a front pocket. Pocket will sag.

Larger frame pistols need a belt support. A belt holster that holds the gun tight against your waist will work well, a good IWB is perfect if you are not carrying around a big spare tire. Small of the back and crossdraw can work fine also.

Deep concealment requires a small gun with a big bite! There are many to choose from.

·
Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us
359 Posts
The deeper you conceal a weapon the longer it takes to draw it and get it into action.
Everything is compromise when it comes to carrying. How much are you willing to
compromise in what you carry! What you wear to conceal it! How you carry it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is how I carry my Seecamp: Galco push-up (while wearing dress slacks) and Galco pocket holster (while wearing blue jeans).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts