National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
The one Ruger forum im on. Is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
What did I miss?

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Is this about the new format coming? If it is like the S&W Forum many old timers just didn't want to be bothered with change. As a member there, I can tell you I had to ask questions, (which the admin, Cricket answered quickly and thoroughly) but mostly just playing around a little and I found posting pics/memes a WHOLE lot faster and easier, the speed is excellent. Now, that said, some folks using IE had issues. As someone who uses Firefox, I have no issues; neither did the folks using Chrome.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,916 Posts
The other forum I'm on the migrated to xenforo (that's owned by the same people that own this forum)...

I've been using it for a few months now. You will get used to it if you play with it for a bit.
As Fitasc has said above. Theres some things I like better than this SW and some things I dont like.
It'll be a learning curve for most but it won't be the end of NGF. It's not terrible it's just different.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
i'm along for the ride..........

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
One AWESOME feature on the S&W site is the ability go and use Dark Mode; instead of a white screen with black lettering (VERY bright), Dark Mode is a black background with white lettering - easier in my eyes.
Posting pics and memes is MUCH easier and faster

Reactions: Speed

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Tried to post a screenshot of the dark mode, but it isn't taking

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,627 Posts
Fighting change is a losing battle.

Reactions: deputy and Wag

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Acutally a nice refreshing change. You need to check out the Gallery (three dots in upper right corner, Gallery). I wondering if it allows video, about to try. Will be interesting to see if the auto-troll plug-in works ;)

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

I will be closing this thread to avoid confusion but we absolutely want to hear all of the feedback, both good and bad. We are just asking that it be posted to the community feedback thread.

- Cricket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.