National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at my favorite LGS (to pick up proceeds from the consignment sale of a M16A1 I had built)... And "almost" brought these three home but I stifled the impulse! (Which is unusual for me)

A H&R top-break Model 925 .38spl top break from sometime 1964-72. I had never seen one before nor heard of this model. Was in great shape, priced at $225 and looked just like this
Air gun Wood Gun barrel Wood stain Everyday carry

A Bersa BP9CC. This gun has a great trigger and reset and is thin and easy to carry (I had one before and sold it). Priced right at $220 it was the FDE model. It looked like this one.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

A novelty gun priced at $300... The lifeguard .22lr credit card size (but thicker) single shot

Material property Font Composite material Electronics accessory Fashion accessory

I didn't being any of them home... But came close!

What guns did you "almost" acquire recently, but didn't?

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Not a day I go to the gun shop that I don’t almost come home with something. Local farm store has a threaded XDM 9mm. Good price too $459. I don’t like the tall suppressor sights or I’d have it.

Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Another semi-local shop has a stainless Ruger 1911 Commander that I’ve almost bought a few times. Might become mine next time. It’s used but in good condition and $550.

Vertebrate Air gun Trigger Mammal Revolver

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not a day I go to the gun shop that I don’t almost come home with something. Local farm store has a threaded XDM 9mm. Good price too $459. I don’t like the tall suppressor sights or I’d have it.

View attachment 128445

Another semi-local shop has a stainless Ruger 1911 Commander that I’ve almost bought a few times. Might become mine next time. It’s used but in good condition and $550.

View attachment 128444

Philmo, press those elevated sights out of the XDM and press in lower ones;) I love my 1911 Commander, I'm sure you "need" one too. Just trying to help you get those two pistols:devilish:

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,697 Posts
Philmo, press those elevated sights out of the XDM and press in lower ones;) I love my 1911 Commander, I'm sure you "need" one too. Just trying to help you get those two pistols:devilish:
New sights raise the cost. Trijicon night sights will run me about $125. As for the Commander, I have 2 baby rocks and 5 full size 1911s. I don't need one but then I've never bought one based on need...

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
I been resisting a few that Gators got in lately. He's off his gouging high horse finally. Im holding off for a 7.62x39 bolt to come in. Im at the point where i have enough guns. I do plan to trade 2 revolver later too. The grips are to small to shoot them well. Im after a 32 cal revolver with normal grips and at least a 6 inch barrel. Then i may enjoy shooting my 32 sw longs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You guys are killing me with those prices...
-Kaliforinian
Glocks are still going for around 600.00 in SoCal. Not that I want a Glock (or that I don't), just to give a baseline.
Ugh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I been resisting a few that Gators got in lately. He's off his gouging high horse finally. Im holding off for a 7.62x39 bolt to come in. Im at the point where i have enough guns. I do plan to trade 2 revolver later too. The grips are to small to shoot them well. Im after a 32 cal revolver with normal grips and at least a 6 inch barrel. Then i may enjoy shooting my 32 sw longs.
FYI- My favorite LGS has a short action mauser Zastava bolt action 7.62x39 for sale... PM me if you want her contact info (Black Dog Guns and Ammo, Marion, Iowa)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Wanted so badly to bid on this baby Vaquero today…chambered in .32 H&R Mag…. then I saw the barrel/ roll marks

so much legal-ease crap… most I’ve ever seen on a barrel (thought it was engraving at first). Ruger will not be getting my business.

Green Air gun Revolver Trigger Everyday carry

here’s the other side (below) which looks great

flaxin lawyers screwed up a perfectly good gun with the crap on the barrel above

Revolver Green Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

·
Super Moderator
13,326 Posts
Ruger has been doing that for as long as I can remember. You can thank attorneys for putting them in that position.

--Wag--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts