National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rona, BLM and Biden have pretty much collectively decimated the retail gun market. Lots of guns that are missing from the shelves.

Tell us what gun you are waiting to come back in stock so you can make that purchase. I recently got 2 on my list, the 10.5” Stainless Super Blackhawk and the Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor. I am less waiting on a gun to become available than I am waiting for my wallet to fill back up.

The one I am most interested in at the moment is the 10mm/40 S&W convertible Blackhawk. I refuse to pay $900+ for it so I’ll wait.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also made a compromise recently. I couldn’t find the .357/9mm convertible Blackhawks I was after so I just bought the .357s and I’ll try to get the cylinders for 9mm from Ruger.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't own a shotgun and would like to pick one up for home defense but would like to have the option of a short barrel for the home and a standard barrel in case I want to pursue hunting or possibly shooting clays or something like that. So I'm currently fixated on a Mossberg 500 Field/Security combo. Comes with all the chokes as well as 2 barrels. Model 54169. I'd consider the cheaper Maverick 88 model 31014 but I'm willing to spend a little more to get the higher model.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I Have that Mossberg combo and recently suggested it to another member here. Personally just bought a S&W Shield 2.0 9mm & assembled a PSA upper & Anderson lower 5.56. Waiting on an ordered Ruger LCP II .380.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,903 Posts
My FFL called me yesterday. Apparently he will have a Troy A4 "other firearm" next week that I've been waiting months for.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I still watch for a deal on a Ruger single or super single six convertible ( like Coal) and hope and pray that Ruger will convince Marlin to bring back the model 39.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I was going to buy a Ruger PC9 right before all the covid crap started but i hesitated. Now they can't be found around here so that's number 1. I have also been thinking about getting a S&W 460 but i havent bothered to check if they are available but if i had to guess like everything else they are unicorns. I was going to wait for my stimulus to check.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The new Savage straight pull bolt action due to hit the stores in a month or two has my interest. I have a couple straight pull Browning T-Bolts that I love, one in 17 HMR and a .22, the same action in a 223 would be ideal but I don't see it listed on their website.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Not waiting for any particular gun to become available again but I am waiting for some bullet molds to come back into production, in particular a couple of Lee six cavity molds I'm wanting one for a 158 gr .358 diameter SWC and the other for a .240 gr. 430 diameter SWC. Seems that the scalpers have bought up pretty much all of Lee's bullet mold inventory stock along with the inventory from pretty much all the other retailers who carry Lee molds and are reselling them on Ebay and Amazon at insane markups. 2 cavity molds that normally sell for $19.99 at Midway USA are going for $89.95 + $15.00 shipping on Ebay and Amazon. 6 cavity molds that normally sell for 47.99 at Midway are going for $189.95 + $15.00 shipping on Ebay and Amazon. Some of the Ebay listings say things like the seller has sold 60 of this mold or that mold which tells me that they were probably buying 100 at a time from retailers to resell on Ebay.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Not waiting for any particular gun to become available again but I am waiting for some bullet molds to come back into production, in particular a couple of Lee six cavity molds I'm wanting one for a 158 gr .358 diameter SWC and the other for a .240 gr. 430 diameter SWC. Seems that the scalpers have bought up pretty much all of Lee's bullet mold inventory stock along with the inventory from pretty much all the other retailers who carry Lee molds and are reselling them on Ebay and Amazon at insane markups. 2 cavity molds that normally sell for $19.99 at Midway USA are going for $89.95 + $15.00 shipping on Ebay and Amazon. 6 cavity molds that normally sell for 47.99 at Midway are going for $189.95 + $15.00 shipping on Ebay and Amazon. Some of the Ebay listings say things like the seller has sold 60 of this mold or that mold which tells me that they were probably buying 100 at a time from retailers to resell on Ebay.
Hey mike my LGS is a LEE dealer and always has a ton of molds in stock. if you like i could check for you next weekend?

Reactions: Philmo11 and Speed

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Hey mike my LGS is a LEE dealer and always has a ton of molds in stock. if you like i could check for you next weekend?
That would be greatly appreciated. I have checked pretty much every retailer I could think of and couldn't find either of those molds available at retail.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Ok PM the most you'll pay and if it's under that I'll pick them up on fri-sat. I just went and checked the prices marked on the ones i have and they were $53 but depending on who rings me up i sometimes get a discount. Also do you need handles? Those were on some that i bought a couple of years ago but i dont think prices have changed that much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rona, BLM and Biden have pretty much collectively decimated the retail gun market. Lots of guns that are missing from the shelves.

Tell us what gun you are waiting to come back in stock so you can make that purchase. I recently got 2 on my list, the 10.5” Stainless Super Blackhawk and the Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor. I am less waiting on a gun to become available than I am waiting for my wallet to fill back up.

The one I am most interested in at the moment is the 10mm/40 S&W convertible Blackhawk. I refuse to pay $900+ for it so I’ll wait.
While I wouldn't pay the $900+ either after having mine for the last 6 months or so I would say its worth it.

·
Aim true !
11,361 Posts
I think im about done buying guns. (Yeah right). But seriously. If a vintage one pops up at a decent price i'll be on it. Other than that im going to back off some.

Reactions: Popeye and Philmo11

·
Super Moderator
11,540 Posts
I'm still keeping my eyes open for a SXS .410. I grew up shooting my granny's and I just need one now.

--Wag--

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,903 Posts
I think im about done buying guns. (Yeah right). But seriously. If a vintage one pops up at a decent price i'll be on it. Other than that im going to back off some.
I keep saying the same. The Troy A4 I mentioned above is 100% a panic buy. Definitely a "get while the gettin is good" purchase. I really dont "need" it or anything else for that matter.

At some point I'd like to have a long range bolt action. Just haven't landed on a manufacturer or caliber yet.
But I'm in no rush as I expect to spent a couple grand total between rifle and optic.

·
Registered
19,306 Posts
As a replacement for my 1972 Remington 870 Wingmaster (gifted to my son before i moved to Minnesota), I'm looking for a good condition Remington 1100, 26 inch barrel with Rem-chokes.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,903 Posts
As a replacement for my 1972 Remington 870 Wingmaster (gifted to my son before i moved to Minnesota), I'm looking for a good condition Remington 1100, 26 inch barrel with Rem-chokes.
Seriously, let me check with my father in law tomorrow. He has a few shotguns he's looking to part with. I'm not 100% positive but he may have an 1100.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts