National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
I inherited my mother in law. I also inherited my fathers guns. My son will inherit my collection and my fathers. That will be a large collection with many duplicates. What’s he going to do with 3 870’s and 3 760’s? He better have some sons.

· Aim true !
14,170 Posts
My parents are still alive. But i will be getting my fathers guns i hope at least. My brother is not into firearms. My dad has an Garand and 760 30.06 deluxe model. And a real nice remington wingmaster 12 ga. That i would be proud to have. As well as other guns.

· Registered
48 Posts
A model 94 built in 1895, a 1926 model 90 wrf, a Savage 410/22lr my dad found leaning against a tree out in the woods and his 1976 Ruger Mark I bull barrel target. I also got the Ranger bolt action 410 I keep under the bed which came with 5 magazines which are each probably worth more than the gun.

· Registered
Pistoleer
107 Posts
I have not inherited anything but my concern is rather I do not have any children or family members that I can pass my sizable and expensive firearms collection to as everyone of them that I know is anti-gun. Looks like my wife will just sell them off if I go first or the police will just confiscate it all after I am gone. Neither option is preferable to me but unless something different comes up in the future I don't see any other options.

· Registered
396 Posts
Closest thing to an heirloom I have is my grandfather's .30-06 Remington 710. Don't know if I would actually call it an heirloom, though, the rifle is newer than I am, I'm only the second set of hands to own it (and first to shoot it), and my grandfather is still alive.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
This is the rifle I got from Papaw in 1975. Winchester model 67 Youth. He tought me to shoot with it.
When I got it, it was weather damaged and the outside was rusted. The bore was still perfect though. He kept it in the shed out back in Lake Charles LA..
The stock had to be refinished. It was badly damaged. The blueing was long gone. Cleaned it up and tryed to re-blue. Me and a qualified gunsmith tried every blue and brown with no luck. Even tried calling the Colorado School of Gun Smithing in 1977. They had no clue. Finally used Gun Coat on it.
I called the Winchester Historian about 6 years ago as I could not find a date on this rifle. It has all the normal Winchester roll marks and proof marks. He told me they never made a youth model rifle in that configuration.
Still shoots accurate. And has not been altered or cut down.
Never did figure out why the barrel would not re-blue. It would blu, or brown, and then wipe off with a cotton ball to bare metal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.