National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had the unfortunate experience of being shot?

If so, please try to be as specific as possible in sharing your experience.

I am just really curious how it would feel--not that I am willing to find out. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
ok imagine a really hot fire poker being stabbed into you and then the real pain begins.As much of it as i can remember the "real" pain imagine sombady putting a lot of pressure and scratching at your insides where you were shot. for me i was hit in the shoulder the round went thru and cracked my collar bone.In lamans terms it hurt like a mutherf****r.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok imagine a really hot fire poker being stabbed into you and then the real pain begins.As much of it as i can remember the "real" pain imagine sombady putting a lot of pressure and scratching at ur insides where you ere shot. fo me i was hit in the shoulder the round went thru and cracked my collar bone.In lamans terms it hurt like a mutherf****r.
Wow, I'm sorry you've been shot! Are you ex-military?

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
Been shot at, but not shot.

Churchill was right.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,702 Posts
Took an AK round through the calf, through and through. It knocked me down. Didn't feel much as I was all hopped up on adrenaline at the time. I did fall down a lot. Leg didn't want to work as it was designed. Afterwards? It hurt like sixteen of wharthog's muthers!

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
This is one of those things where you are not likely to have two different people have the same experience.

I took one in my left forearm which traveled through exited and entered my bicep, it stopped there. I only felt a quick sting, then nothing. But I couldn't do much with it. By the time I got into the truck it had started to burn. Think of how your muscles burn after a really good workout then localize it and multiply it by a hundred or so.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i took a round through the abdomen. First was the 'red hot poker' feeling. Then it felt like my abdomen inflated like a balloon. Probably because it was a muzzle contact shot and I took all of the propellant gas inside me. Then the real pain hit!

Put your thumb on a hard surface. Smack it HARD with a 3# hammer. Now multiply by about 1,000.

Pain is subjective. You truly cannot describe pain to anyone who has not suffered a similar injury. I have been on medication for chronic pain for 10 years. You cannot properly convey what it is like to have pain be the primary focus of your life. I was an RN. My chronic pain patients, when learning that I too was in chronic pain, would sigh and say 'you know what it is like.' If you have not been there, you cannot understand.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Got shot in the butt with rocksalt from a distance when I was a teen. Out stealing mellons in the middle of the night. I discovered that the rock salt made me run a whole lot faster!:thumbsup:

Learned my lesson, I have never stole any mellons since.:biggrin5:

Reactions: John S

·
Banned
239 Posts
I've nearly blown my brains out with a 1911 before.
I was sitting down and was tapping my chin with the slide. (not a good idea.)
Then I got up and absent mindedlu pulled the trigger.
The gun goes off and the bullet goes in my mouth and blows a hole out of my cheek.

I didn't feel anything at first because I didn't know WTF just happened.
Then I realized what happened and my cheek started to burn and hurt like the MFs...

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I've nearly blown my brains out with a 1911 before.
I was sitting down and was tapping my chin with the slide. (not a good idea.)
Then I got up and absent mindedlu pulled the trigger.
The gun goes off and the bullet goes in my mouth and blows a hole out of my cheek.

I didn't feel anything at first because I didn't know WTF just happened.
Then I realized what happened and my cheek started to burn and hurt like the MFs...

OK, I want pictures of that move!! Bet you have one hell of a scar?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Yup L96, definately a NGF Darwin Award winner.
Sorry you shot yourself, glad you survived, along with the rest of you shotees.

I "thought" I got shot once, does that count?:biggrin5:

·
Registered
215 Posts
You "thought" you did?? how did you manage that one??

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
You "thought" you did?? how did you manage that one??
I am so glad you asked,
My x-hubby and I went duck hunting, I was tired, cold and hungry, I asked if we could stop for a minute, we did, I leaned my shotgun on a fence and sat down to munch on some beef jerky A flock of ducks flew over head, the x-hubby, who leaned his gun on a tree, grabbed his gun and fired, I grabbed my gun at the instant he fired and got zapped. It was an electric fence, I dropped the gun, grabbed my chest expecting the blood to start spurting out, I thought I was dead. I was jumping around like I had ants in my pants screaming at him telling him that he shot me, to do something. I didn't realize that I was jumping around still not bleeding to death for a couple of seconds. That's when I realized he was laughing his ass off at me.
He didn't bag a duck, but he sure learned what a cold winter it was going to be.

Now aren't you glad you asked?

·
Registered
215 Posts
:yesnod1:lol why yes i am.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Maybe part of the reason he is an x-hubby?
Nah, he is a x-hubby because husband season was over and I didn't want to wait another year for a permit..:biggrin5:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts