National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Léitheoir
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the record, I'm not looking for anything even remotely "long term" or even overnight as far as storage goes. I just need something I can toss the Carry into when I'm going in to check the PO Box or whatever.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
For the record, I'm not looking for anything even remotely "long term" or even overnight as far as storage goes. I just need something I can toss the Carry into when I'm going in to check the PO Box or whatever.
So just put it someplace out of sight - glove box, center console, whatever. If you're just going to check the PO, you won't be but a minute or two anyway

Reactions: Spooky

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The Hornady RFID safe systems are nice but I wouldn't take a chance handling any weapon on Post Office property, even the parking lot is gun free.

·
Léitheoir
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Hornady RFID safe systems are nice but I wouldn't take a chance handling any weapon on Post Office property, even the parking lot is gun free.
...that is something I did not know.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
ONLY if it is a sole location. Many small POs are located in strip malls, and thus the parking lot is NOT off limits. And while I agree, i don't plan on carrying a gun in my truck on PO property sometimes that isn't always easy to do. - Even my small town, <1800, has metal detectors at the PO entrance.

·
Aim true !
10,257 Posts
Our post office does not say anything about firearms. And i saw folks open carry in the post. Including my ole lady. She always does not conceal very well. No signs either about firearms prohibited.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Our post office does not say anything about firearms. And i saw folks open carry in the post. Including my ole lady. She always does not conceal very well. No signs either about firearms prohibited.
Then you're risking serious jail time. Read the Fed regs

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Aim true !
10,257 Posts
Yes since i learned that your not supposed to have firearms at the P'O. I hold her gun while she goes in. Parking is along the street. So safe there.

Reactions: Spooky and Philmo11

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah, well, they don’t call it “going postal” for nothing... if people were able to carry there, the saying might never have existed. In Illinois, there are like 30 types of places/facilities you can’t carry

·
Super Moderator
11,337 Posts
If you have a CCW, you should have been educated on the various places where you're not allowed to carry, regardless of the presence of signs. Or not.

You may wish to refresh.

--Wag--

·
Léitheoir
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes since i learned that your not supposed to have firearms at the P'O. I hold her gun while she goes in. Parking is along the street. So safe there.
Mine is the Strip Mall kind. So I'm probably fine handling it in the parking lot so long as some bored housewife doesn't see me.

I'm not sure how much I'd use a car safe, it's one of those things I think would just be handy to have.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lock’er down safe.

It bolts into a console. They’re vehicle specific. Takes 25 minutes to install. I can fit 3-4 guns inside without their holster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Léitheoir
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Door locks. I don't advertise, like NRA or 2nd amendment stickers, why would anyone think there is a gun in there?
I don't either. Unless Amateur Radio Plates count?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
sentry safe cable that wraps around seat frame does not have to be high end only there a few minutes Post Office carry I could probably get away with it, Eh I am to pretty for a federal prison and have strong dislikes for hide the sausage games...That is just me let your own conscience be your Guides

Reactions: Spooky

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
If you're just concerned about leaving it in the car while you go to the PO, just place it out of sight, lock your car, and go get things done. Do NOT carry inside the PO - concealed may mean concealed, but get caught and you lose your gun rights FOREVER

Reactions: Spooky and Wag
1 - 18 of 18 Posts