National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are creating a mobile app strictly for gun enthusiasts; for iPhone/iPad/Android
NOT A KIDDIE GAME, NO EXTRA PURCHASES. A one stop reference for anything guns.
- 1,000 + guns, organized by "type" & alphabetically
- Photos & full specs
- "Request" a gun tab (for users to recommend an add)
- Concealed carry reciprocity chart, by state
- 100's of instantly visible gun owner's manuals which will be in .pdf format (mobile friendly)
- Ballistic Calculator
- iFire cam (users can send us their gun collection pics, for the "gallery" tab"
- & a few more features
WE ARE TRYING TO INCORPORATE EVERYTHING WE HAVE FOUND "sold separately", into ONE app.
ANY SUGGESTIONS or COMMENTS ARE VERY WELCOME!!
THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
What's an "app"? I have never, and do not expect I will ever, need an app for this. I am hoping I never own a "smart" phone, but I suspect I am doomed at some point. Doesn't mean I have to use it for this.

I see problems with copyright laws on the manuals and other materials, keeping info up to date (the reciprocity stuff alone changes almost daily, and I would never trust an app to keep me out of jail), a thousand plus guns is a tiny, tiny fraction of what is out there (there are something like 1500 AR-15-style rifles alone).

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point of the reciprocity. Will just have to update constantly. Believe it or not there is a state to state carry app that is SELLING for I believe $4.99 & had MANY MANY users.
I will definitely look into the copyrights of the owner's manuals, but I would suspect most would be okay. Free advertising for them, in a sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There will be a request a gun feature, that we will keep up on daily...
Categories are handguns, SMG's, rifles (sub category- sniper/marksmen & S.A//F.A/Tactical (most dislike the term "assault"), shotguns, antiques (sub category- pre napoleonic, civil war, old west), machine guns (sub category- light, medium, heavy)

·
land of the free so far.
281 Posts
we gotta quack dob boys!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,923 Posts
I wish you the necessary luck in you endeavor.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,407 Posts
How about a firearm book value listing according to condition?

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
I have a reloading app on my phone, its great

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
gun reference mobile app

Gun reference mobile app: Comes in very handy on the battlefield. From now on online info about with what they are shooting back at you.

A would nice to have: Daily updated New wars breaking out predictions

Another: World chart pointer to ammo stocklots plus prices

gun app.jpg

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
It seems to me that your app would be far more useful at launch if you created an app that is an aggregator, rather than creating your own content. Lots of websites out there that have the stuff you want to cover, yet few of them have their own apps. If you get their cooperation, you also get access to their current users. Just sayin... I don't know much about writing apps, but I do have plenty of experience in startup businesses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
App went live last night " iFire Gun App "

"iFire Gun App" is now live for iPhone/iPad.
Android will be up within a few days.
Thank you for all of the suggestions, as I am updating & adding new guns/features daily!

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
I refuse to pay for apps, if they aren't free, I don't need them.

Sorry.

Reactions: Popeye and Brewster

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Luvs2Play- Do you have iPhone or Android? If you have iPhone, shoot me an email quick:
[email protected]
I have a three year old android, it should not be called a smart phone because it can't even make a simple phone call most of the time because the service here is so bad that it just sits in my pocket and dings in and out of service until the battery goes dead in a couple hours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts