National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a range bag to carry all my equipment in when I go to the range. Each time I go I think of more things to put in the bag. What do you carry in your bag? What do you consider to be the essentials (besides guns and ammo)?

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Eye and ear protection stays in my bag always. But I also have a can of Rem Oil, Extra targets, some other basic cleaning supplies, allen wrenches, and at least one bottle of water.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Screwdrivers,allen wrenchs, dirfts, rags, ear&eye protection,oil,couple of different loading tools for mags, and a brass hammer to beat on it if everything else fails. :yikes1:

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Ammunition

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Same as Baldy and SheNine, plus speedloaders and extra ear plugs (bought a gross of the foam ones for friends to use). And a bore light. And a metallic Sharpie to mark mags with. Probably other stuff, too. It's the closest thing to a purse I own.

G

·
I load up a cooler full of beer, guns , and bullets, and earmuffs, and drive to the back of the property to the bayou, and shoot away.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mmmmm! Wonder if one of those would work for my CZ P-01?!?!
Yes. It loads every magazine I have. .45, 9 mm, single stack or double. The slowest part is picking up the bullets to load. I don't have any interest in it other than it's worked great for me. I found it when I tried to find a mag loader for my P-30. It was so new that no gun shop could cross reference it. I found it online for about $28.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Lets see, I carry change for the pop machine and to buy new targets. We have a honor system and you put in 35 cents for the larger targets.

I have several calibers of ammo. Eye protection, hearing protection, small screwdrivers for sight adjustment, break free, orange target pasties, black marker, lots of paper towel to sit my guns on and clean them, back up ear plugs, a cleaning rod, cleaning patches, extra targets, bore light and a few other minor items.

My bag has room for several handguns and I usually take 4 or 5 to the range at a time.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lets see, I carry change for the pop machine and to buy new targets. We have a honor system and you put in 35 cents for the larger targets.

I have several calibers of ammo. Eye protection, hearing protection, small screwdrivers for sight adjustment, break free, orange target pasties, black marker, lots of paper towel to sit my guns on and clean them, back up ear plugs, a cleaning rod, cleaning patches, extra targets, bore light and a few other minor items.

My bag has room for several handguns and I usually take 4 or 5 to the range at a time.
What bag do you have? I bought a bag and am already afraid its too small for all my equipment.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Yeah, the usual, ears and eyes protection, spare mags, pasters, range book, sun block, Chickletes, peanut butter and jelly sandwich or power bars for if I get the munchies on the range. Ammo is carried in 50 cal cans kinda hard to get them in the bag. A half gallon of water (Hey its hot in Southern, Arizona) and maybe a thermos of coffee and one of hot coco for the honey in the winter months.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
What bag do you have? I bought a bag and am already afraid its too small for all my equipment.

My bag is a Dillon. Burgundy in color and tough as heck. It was not cheap but was worth every penny.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Any thing I have needed over the years, that I didnt have with me at the time. I can only fit one gun in my bag, and if I take more than one, the bag will be full of ammo, I need another bag really bad.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Is that "BAG", in the singular?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,672 Posts
I drive a van to the range. Those vans can hold a lot of stuff.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Any thing I have needed over the years, that I didnt have with me at the time. I can only fit one gun in my bag, and if I take more than one, the bag will be full of ammo, I need another bag really bad.
The Dillon has a side pouch that is padded that will carry two 1911's and in the center it will carry three more guns with enough ammo for all of them. The other side pouch will carry all the other fun stuff you need, eye ware, oil, etc.

The center section also has little side pouches for 22 ammo and other goodies.

The cost is $100 and its heavy when fully loaded but you don't have to drag around a bunch of extra bags. It has a shoulder strap and hand grips that will never tear off. Top quality item.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Yeah, the usual, ears and eyes protection, spare mags, pasters, range book, sun block, Chickletes, peanut butter and jelly sandwich or power bars for if I get the munchies on the range. Ammo is carried in 50 cal cans kinda hard to get them in the bag. A half gallon of water (Hey its hot in Southern, Arizona) and maybe a thermos of coffee and one of hot coco for the honey in the winter months.

Damn! I wanna come shooting with you! :biggrin5:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts