National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking of purchasing one for rabbit hunting. I like the price of it and the rail that comes stock with it. Any recommendation are appreciated.

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
My son has one. It's very accurate. He likes it the best out of all his 22 pistols. But a shotgun would be better for rabbits.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
i think it is an interesting design and feels good in my hand......i dislike the location/style/position of the safety as i can accidently disengage it at times from griping the gun hastly and wished the sights were a tad finer........

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I had one briefly several years ago and just didn't care for it. It was accurate enough for plinking but you rarely see one being used in bullseye competition. But it's a decent enough inexpensive pistol for plinking

·
Live Free
2,809 Posts
I think you might be better served with a Ruger Mark IV. They are a bit more expensive, but have a better trigger. I have nothing against the Neos, I just think the Mark IV is a better pistol.

·
AZHerper
3,673 Posts
Beretta says that it was designed for plinking and informal shooting. It was designed by Giogetto Giugiaro who is one of the world's best car designers. This why it looks like a 200 mile per hour gun. :wink:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've got one and it's my least favorite .22 pistol. That doesn't mean it's bad, just that I prefer my Buck Mark, Single Ten, Model 87 and 617 over it. The sights are so course they look like an afterthought. The gun is comfortable and hasn't been ammo sensitive but it just doesn't stack up well against the competition.

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Im going to take my sons out and shoot it. And see why he likes it so much for myself. I try to be unbiased. Because i am spoiled with my rugers and sw.

·
Registered
910 Posts
It's got a rail for a reason. The sights are like tree stumps.
Put a red dot or small scope on it and it's deadly.
Yeah it looks like it belongs to Buck Rogers. You get used to that.
The trigger on the 2 i've had is pretty good.
Field strip takes about 10 seconds and it goes right back together .
Unlike some other .22 autos.

Get one

AFS

·
Registered
889 Posts
Neos has its ancestry in the old High Standard Dura-Matic and the later Colt (Cadet) 22. A
bit unusual in that it is striker fired. Most 22 pistols have a hammer--obvious or hidden.

My wife has small hands, she really likes the grip on the Neos. Me--not so much. Prefer my
old High Standards or my Rugers.

Being striker fired--the trigger is "OK"---but no amount of work will make it as good as just dropping some
Volquartzen parts into a Ruger Mk whatever.

Seems to be a reliable plinker---she used if for a couple of years shooting Stel Challenge and I don't
remember any gun or magazine related malfunctions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts