National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG-0009 - Copy.jpg IMG-0008.jpg IMG-0006.jpg IMG-0004.jpg

ANCIENS ETABLISSMENTS / PIPER HERSTAL / BELGIUM / DECEMBBER 16, 1919 / BREVET S.C.D.G. 248243​

I recently acquired this gun and although I have some "gun knowledge" I am really unsure of what it is that I have...I have been told several different things,
but I'm not looking for opinions as much as I'd love some facts about this weapon. I am unsure if I'm going to keep or sell or donate this weapon and I'd really like to have some factual knowledge about it.
If there is anyone who cares to comment on my inquiry, I'd truly appreciate your input. Please pardon my ignorance as I am trying to educate myself here, just needing a little help.
Thank you in advance!

PHOTOS WILL BE ATTACHED MOMENTARILY. FOR NOW, THE MARKINGS ON THE BARREL ARE PROVIDED ABOVE

Attachments

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
It's appears to be a older single shot .22 rifle. I can't read the manufacturer or model and that would determine it's value. Looks like some cartouches on it so it might be foreign made.

·
Aim true !
11,566 Posts
Neat little gun, I have an old Stevens crack shot 22 lr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am so appreciative to you guys, I really am. Thank you for taking the time out to reply to my post.
What is posted in my original post is what I know as far as the manufacturer, model, etc. I am interested in knowing it's worth or even getting a rough estimate. Just so we're clear, I am not expecting much but I have no idea at all, so again, anything you can offer would be awesome.
Again, here is what I discovered on the gun.

"Anciens
Etablissments
Pieper
, S.A. of
Herstal
Belgium
, "
"brevet s.? d.g. 284243"

"55628z"

Please pardon my ignorance, I am hopeful that you can educate me a little further regarding the specifications of this gun...

That is the most of what I could make out...
Again, thank you in advance for all of your input...[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

·
Registered
924 Posts
It sure looks like a 1900/1902 Winchester boys rifle. Both were invented by J M Browning----I wonder if he or Winchester granted rights to the Belgian company Pieper
to make a copy? Brevet? Could it be Brevete? That would make more sense. Brevete is French for patent, but was used at times as a term for "authentic copy".

·
AZHerper
4,268 Posts
Here's an internet answer to a query on the same rifle that was posted 3 years ago:"Your Bayard rifle was made by Anciens Etabllssments Pieper, S.A of Liege, Belgium in the1920's.Retail value for a gun in good or better condition would range from $75 to $175 depending on mechanical and bore condition and remaining original wood and metal finish."I imagine that it still applies pretty well.

·
Wyoming
4,251 Posts
Back in the day agriculture seed companies would give these away. Farmers and Ranchers were rewarded with one of these imported .22 rifles for a large order of seed. :thumbsup:

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,072 Posts
Popeye, OP doesn't by chance have a VA (Newport News) IP address?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts