National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go out to the range today...you guys inspire me...I took a 1911 (45), xd 40, sig 226 (9mm), Ar15, and an M1 garand. Glad to get some trigger time. The bad part is now I've got some cleaning to do. You guys have to get an M1 if you havent already. As american as apple pie...watch you thumb though, there is a right way to load it. You grip the rifle with your hand in a manner to keep the charging handle back while you press the clip down with your thumb until you hear a click, then smack the charging handle and let 'em go. Boom X8 then pting...Gotta love it.

G

·
I wish my father had not of sold his M1 :cry: . That is one of the rifles that made my childhood, I wish I could find one for a decent price :(

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wont find one for a decent price..at our local gun shows, theres always one or two for around 6 or 7 hundred. But they look like crap. Mine from CMP. Springfield still makes them, in .308 too, they run about $1100 for a brand new one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Maser said:
My brother and I had a little airsoft war earlier. I won. :D
Too funny, I busted out my little ghetto airsoft gun today for the first time in a year. It actually has me pretty hooked, I've been looking into getting a fullsize M4 all night. What brand airsoft gun do you have??? I know nothing about them and am not sure what to get.

-Derek

G

·
xjedix said:
Maser said:
My brother and I had a little airsoft war earlier. I won. :D
Too funny, I busted out my little ghetto airsoft gun today for the first time in a year. It actually has me pretty hooked, I've been looking into getting a fullsize M4 all night. What brand airsoft gun do you have??? I know nothing about them and am not sure what to get.

-Derek
My son was the same way
Try http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftGuns.html

G

·
i shot the glock and the STI last night in classifiers.

i shoot the glock slightly faster but i think thats the reload. havent got my magwell yet

·
Banned
818 Posts
xjedix said:
What brand airsoft gun do you have??? I know nothing about them and am not sure what to get.

Well, I don't have the expensive green gas guns. I just have the cheap ones you find at Wal-Mart. My brother used his full auto MP5 and I ran into my room and grabbed my Desert Eagle and scaled AK47, but the batteries were dead. None the less we had fun and ended up laughing the whole time. I need to get some 6mm paintball pellets. Those are so fun.

G

·
Since I was busy being a driver (can't spell chofer), yesterday, I didn't get to the range. Today, since it was cloudy here in TX, it was perfect so I grabbed some 9mm rounds (new and reloaded) and .40 S&W rounds (new and reloaded) and went to my range in the pasture. I loaded the Glock 22 first after I set up the targets. I had just adjusted the sights and haven't shot it since. Wow! It's right on the money. It not only tapped the targets, but blew the Gaterade bottle of water I had set by the targets. Next, I tried the Sigma 9VE since the triggers are similar. It's still pretty new with only about 250 rounds through it so the first round was not on, but the next ones were.

Time for a trigger change, so I loaded the CZ40B with .40 S&W. Everything was hitting perfectly today!! I couldn't neglect the Ruger P95DC, so I loaded it up and popped the targets. Boy what fun!

I used to be terrible with the CZ and the Ruger, then I bought the Glock and while learning the trigger, I became a darn expert with the other style triggers. The Glock taught me it's own trigger, the Sigma trigger and perfected the buttery smooth Ruger and CZ triggers. It was a great day at the range.

One other note, the 9mm rounds were new reloads using Win 231 and 115gr HP Rainier bullets. They shot perfectly! Keep shooting!

Dave :---

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Not today, but on the weekend I shot my hubby's Super Redhawk .44 for the first time! What a rush!!!!! It has always been the one gun that I've been too scared to shoot, but this weekend I decided it was time I stopped being a stinkin' chicken, and just do it. It was awesome!!! My hand felt like crap, but my heart was singing!!!! It was nowhere as bad as the 12ga, so I don't know what I've been worried about all this time. Now I think it will become mine............. Well, why not? He's looking to buy a .460XVR and there's no way in h*ll I'm touching that! ;)

As I'm sure you've figured - I'm used to a 9mm!

G

·
leeindy said:
what did you think. the 230 +P are the ones i like
very powerful, clean shooting, accurate rounds, expensive for 20 rounds though :--- I will pick up a few boxes of the .230 +p's tomarrow for home :-B-:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts