National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The topic on Wolf ammo is almost on every single gun forum on the internet... I would rather see which brand is your most favorite.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I use Bushwacker & Zero for most pistol reloads. I mostly use Horanady in my rifle stuff. Normally I don't buy factory ammo, but when I do it's usually Winchester or Remington.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hornady the whole Hornady and nothing but the Hornady so help me.....Well you know

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Favorite bullets...hummm....Don't know if I have just one.

I like the pulled mil-surp bullets for plinking and the 30 cal 173 grain match rounds for some more serious stuff. I also picked up a pile of mil-surp grain pill for the AR plinking. Picked up 5K 45 ACP ball a year or so ago. Still have a bunch of those...

For serious stuff Sierra Match Kings, 168 grain and 175 grain for rifle. Those have me covered for 90% of my rifles. The Sierra 52 grain and 69 grain Match Kings as mouse chow for the series AR work are great.

Pistol, I generally use Winchester bulk for everything.

My hunting ammo is topped with Nosler Balista-Tips.

G

·
I mostly load my own, but if I had to buy bullets it would be Winchester or Remington. I like Hornady's too, but they are a lot more expensive.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Many of the Calibers I shoot are reloaded by me. I do pay a lot of attention to pricing and buy for price in many cases.

For hot stuff, I like cor-bon at lot! Winchester Silvertips in all my smaller pistols and I own many boxes of all brands.

For 9 mm I like the PMC for target shooting. For 22 I am switching to coated bullets the lead stuff is causing too many problems, Federal from Wal-Mart, Remington Golden Bullets, etc.

G

·
Depends on the gun:
NAA .22 mini mag: wheel guns don't care what they eat.
-Seecamp .32: Larry says to only use Silvertips- he's right, everything else jams or stovepipes.
-Gloak 26, 9mm. Nothing but HwyraShok 124 +p+. Never had a problem. In fact only problem with any 9mm is CorBon 149+p. They will jam in my Glock every time. Too long.
- Mossberg LE Customized pump. It gobbles up anything you feed it.
-Colt Match H-bar. It likes Wolf, Surplus Lake City green tips, Hornady match.
-Ruger Blackhawk .45 Cowboy hog leg. Like any hawg, it doesn't care what you feed it.

That's about all I shoot, most everything iekse s collectible. I never shoot collectibles.

G

·
For Varmints and predators I like Sierra Blitzking bullets. I also like Hornady V-max. For big game hunting its usually Sierra Game King or Hornady SST's. I used to use Nosler Ballistic Tips for just about everything but the SST's are just as good and you can get a 100 to a box instead of 50. Gary

·
Registered
761 Posts
Federal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts