National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never was into them, but recently decided to customize my old g17. All said and done I love it. What are your thoughts?
It's not done by the way still have some parts including a new slide on the way.

Attachments

· Banned
1,116 Posts
Just do it!
Customization is a fever, but while going through it, you develop immunity.

· Registered
1 Posts
I never understood spending a lot of money to upgrade a glock especially when most companies are offering high quality, upgraded, competition guns straight from factory. On the other hand I do realize that some people enjoy tinkering with stuff. So to each his own. If it's what you're in to then I say go for it.

· Banned
1,408 Posts
Sure, you could buy a standard Glock, just like a standard Nissan 350Z. But some people like flair, so they buy an aftermarket glock, or a 370Z. Then some people want Gucci Glocks, super pump-tacular. Or a Nissan 370Z Nismo with neon, aftermarket alloys, lowered, cambered, exhaust work. As long as the gun/car isn't dangerous, who cares. If that analogy didn't work, I got nothing else!

Oh yea, I almost forgot: You could wear a pinwheel on your cap when you carry this gun.

Have a good cigar and regards
As-salāmu ʿalaykum
ARMARIN

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
I dont like the open slides and this is for any semi auto pistol. I have done a few Glocks though I kept is simple, like you. Just I didn't go for the stippling, I went with the talon grips. Keep it simple - this is the underliying workings of a firearm. No need for bling, lots of angles or cuts in the slide to make it look "cool" (goes for all semi autos), or tons of other gadgets on a firearm.

· Registered
6,726 Posts
glock is certainly popular enough that a whole cottage industry has grown to support the line.......much like the 1911.

Reactions: fixitfred

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
Only customizing I've done lately is these on my 380.

I use these too in my 380's. These things are impressive. Recoil is manageable, accurate (though operator helps), and work better then 380 hollow points. Plus a big benefit for people in states where hollow points are illegal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.