National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know bump stocks and fabricated gun stocks are illegal to sell without a license. Where could I find more info on this? How are stocks sold by a gun dealer? As accessories or ATF critical parts.

·
Aim true !
10,040 Posts
Maybe more info would be on a stock MFG'S site? Such as Boyds. Bump stocks are illegal period now.

·
Aim true !
10,040 Posts
If it's a legal stock. Just sell it at a gun show or on armslist. Can not sell on here until you have 15 post. Stocks do not have S/N's..

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,164 Posts
My understanding is they are accessories and as you mentioned as long as they were not bump stocks you shouldn't have an issue.
To be 100% sure you could alway send an email to ATF.
I don't see why you would have an issue selling stocks even if you made them but I'm not a firearms lawyer either.
Stocks, I dont believe (other than bumpstocks obviously) are regulated. The assemble firearm is and must meet certain criteria.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Buttstocks are completely legal to sell. Some states like Commiifornia have restrictions on telescoping stocks so if you're doing online sales I'd be wary about shipping any AR parts there.

There's no legal way to legally own or transfer a bump stock, it must be cut up as per ATF directions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buttstocks are completely legal to sell. Some states like Commiifornia have restrictions on telescoping stocks so if you're doing online sales I'd be wary about shipping any AR parts there.

There's no legal way to legally own or transfer a bump stock, it must be cut up as per ATF directions.
Yea, trying to make sure im not in the grey area. I was looking for a quick answer with legal proof, but ill just contact a dealer to be sure. Theyre just regular stocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I searched my original question, I could only find information on bump stocks. Nothing on privately selling manufacturer stocks.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
As long as they are legal to sell in your state and they are not a bumpstock which is federally banned then you can sell them as easily as you sell a pencil. Even in some states where they are "illegal" they are only illegal if the gun is considered an "assault rifle".

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Stock advice. Buy low -- sell high

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
How is it you came upon a stock pile of stocks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My father recently found a blank at a church rummage sale- in Taxachusetts, of all places. Of course, no one knew what it was. It was in a barrel with other random wood/lumber pieces, from what I understand. Being the honest guy he is, my Dad told them what it was, and asked what they wanted for it. He was not happy with their asking price, so he paid double. Did a little fitting, and put it on his muzzleloader. Came out nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts