National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

I have been using 115 Grain, Blazer Brass for the past couple of months.

Just wondering about making a switch to 147 Grain 9mm ammo. I like to buy 1000-2000 at a time. All I’m seeing online is Fiocchi, Sellier and Bellot, Remington, and American Eagle. I haven’t looked into Atlanta Arms yet, but there are a few different grades.

Any experience? Any recommendations?

Is there a difference between ammo for IDPA vs IPSC or USPSA?

I’m using a Glock 19 or 34, by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,108 Posts
I shoot 124 gr FMJ Geco ammunition (Blue and black box). Its loaded in Europe and is a 'warm' load.

I bought five cases of it a while ago and don't shoot much 9x19mm. I may be no longer available.

Reactions: CDR_Glock

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
preference with a 9 is a 124 gr fmj for practice and 124 gr JHP for serious social occasions.......in a brass or nickel case. Most any brand as long as it is reliable and consistent......

given a choice....been buying a lot of Winchester lately......

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
I used to shoot Winchester 124 Gr FMJ till I started reloading. I still use 124 Gr. bullets but with 4 Gr. of Hodgdon titegroup, seems like it's what my gun " likes " best. I get great accuracy and I have the peace of mind of knowing exactly what I shoot.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
For range practice I load my own but when I do buy factory ammo I usually buy Sellier & Bellot because it is loaded a little hotter than most factory ammo. For carry ammo I like Golden Saber +P 124 grain.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Late to the party again. :wink:
For competition I prefer Freedom Munitions 147gr HUSH round nose bullet with a muzzle velocity of 870fps.
Federal 147gr is good as well, but at 1,000fps there's more recoil felt. YMMV

·
Premium Member
9,276 Posts
After much eraser has and testing. I prefer any 115 grn brass case ammo that goes bang. Get real. It's a pistol. The differences between all of the manufactures at most pistol ranges is non existent. Get a good deal on factory fresh ammo at a good price and throw in free shipping and you've got a real winner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts