National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday night (early Tuesday morning) my very good friend's wife woke up out of a troubled sleep and looked up into the face of a total stranger! She immediately screamed for her husband who was sleeping next to her. He woke up to find the intruder running out of the bedroom. They quickly got out of bed and checked on their two sons who fortunately OK. Then they called the police. They searched thier house and surrounding yard and neighbors yards to no avail. The intruder was long gone. The intruder had broken in through a back door quietly enough to not wake anyone in the house. Luckily, it seems that nothing was stolen.

One note - my friend owns a S&W .357 magnum revolver. His wife had demanded that he "put it away and lock it up." He did and could not get to it to deal with the inturder. This was a happy ending but you just never know.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Glad to see everyone was ok and that nothing was stolen. Possessions can be replaced, family can not. I bet that .357 will go right on the nightstand, locked and loaded at all times
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is OK....as others have stated, I bet the .357 is no longer locked in the safe!
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
this is a why i keep my gun under the night skirt in a holster. this guy could have easily taken the 357 off the night stand.

mine is hidden and only i know were to get to it
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
leeindy said:
this is a why i keep my gun under the night skirt in a holster. this guy could have easily taken the 357 off the night stand.
mine is hidden and only i know were to get to it
That has been a real concern of mine...do you have the holster that "hangs" on the side of your bed frame or are you using something different?
 

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
Glad to hear everyone is OK....as others have stated, I bet the .357 is no longer locked in the safe!

Thanks Lee, Gunny and Spring. I have a call out to them to find out if there is anything they need and to see exactly what happened. I will ask my buddy if his wife has changed her tune about the .357. The next step is to talk to my wife who has the same thoughts about my firearms. Maybe she will reconsider.....
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
leeindy said:
this is a why i keep my gun under the night skirt in a holster. this guy could have easily taken the 357 off the night stand.
mine is hidden and only i know were to get to it
That has been a real concern of mine...do you have the holster that "hangs" on the side of your bed frame or are you using something different?

take your xd gear holser and drill it to the bed frame.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Whew! Glad everything is ok. Im glad my wife makes sure my gun is loaded and ready to go when we get ready to go to bed.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
leeindy said:
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
leeindy said:
this is a why i keep my gun under the night skirt in a holster. this guy could have easily taken the 357 off the night stand.
mine is hidden and only i know were to get to it
That has been a real concern of mine...do you have the holster that "hangs" on the side of your bed frame or are you using something different?

take your xd gear holser and drill it to the bed frame.
Sounds like a plan....honestly, I had thought about mounting it in my vehicle, but hadn't even considered mounting it to the bed frame....thanks, man! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
leeindy said:
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
leeindy said:
this is a why i keep my gun under the night skirt in a holster. this guy could have easily taken the 357 off the night stand.
mine is hidden and only i know were to get to it
That has been a real concern of mine...do you have the holster that "hangs" on the side of your bed frame or are you using something different?

take your xd gear holser and drill it to the bed frame.
That's a good idea cause I have a few extra holsters. Wife might like holes in the bed frame tho...lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
leeindy said:
double sided velcro works. and you could use just straps
Yep, just installed with an extra belt, works fine. No holes to drill... :D
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Good thing my wife didn't wake up to that..... It would have been a blood fest.... 2 people shooting at one.... :--- :--- :---


Glad to hear they are alright.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Good quality mini gun safe bolted to bed frame, has four finger slots, in total darkness press pre set sequence and door pops open. Walla! Gun in hand but safe from kids. Buy'em on Ebarf for $75 +/- for small, $110 +/- for large, double gun model.
Why have a handgun if it's inaccessable?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top