National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this conversation has come up before. I was just thinking, I have my polymer guns pared down to what I really want to keep. I was interested in what everyone else’s favorite polymer was.

No brand bashing in this thread. Everyone’s taste and budget is different, respect it please. With that, I’m going to try shut the hell up and sit this one out, just read through the feedback.

·
Aim true !
11,361 Posts
My Caniks.

Reactions: Nod

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,903 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the Smith & Wesson M&P's
If I had to choose a favorite though. I'd be hard pressed to look past the HK VP9 and VP9sk
HK polymer pistols have a fit in your hand like no other. Once you change out the side plates and backstrap to your liking they fit like an absolute glove. Most comfortable polymer pistols I've ever held and they're HK's ;)

·
Live Free
3,262 Posts
That is hard to say...but I do think highly of my FNX pistols. I also have a great appreciation for my EDC, a Sig P365. Honorable mention for my CZ P-07.

But, truth be known, polymer is not my favorite...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not a fan of the polys, only have one so I guess it's my favorite. Glock mod 21 (.45ACP) 1st generation.

Mike

·
Registered
175 Posts
My one and only plastic fantastic, an FNH FNX-45 Tactical with a Holosun green dot.

·
Registered
Pistoleer
103 Posts
If the grips on my pistol are polymer does that still count for my favorite polymer pistol? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put up a favorite platform thread a while back and the results were a little surprising. I don’t recall what group/forum I put it up on. I’d try a favorite 1911 but I’ve seen enough of those threads in the 1911 groups I’ve been in, they always end up in a lot of mud slinging so I won’t be doing that.

Just with the few that have chimed in, there’s a fairly wide spread of polymer favorites.

·
Aim true !
11,361 Posts
I helped a young man today with his Glock 26. It was jamming. New gun. He didn't clean and lube it. So i did the best i could on the spot for him. ( I carry some rem oil in my range bag.) It worked good then. I told him when he gets home read the Manuel and clean it better and lube according to what he reads.

Reactions: Philmo11 and Speed

·
Super Moderator
11,540 Posts
I don't care for polymer firearms but I don't exactly hate 'em either. I have three Glocks. I don't like Glocks, per se, but these are very good pistols. I also have an M&P .40 and a Taurus Millennium pro 7+1 something or other in .45 ACP. That's definitely a terrible pistol.

Probably some others, too.

--Wag--

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Taurus Millennium pro 7+1 something or other in .45 ACP. That's definitely a terrible pistol.
If I had one I really didn’t want in this climate, I’d dump it on an auction sight or Armslist and get all your money back, probably plus some.

·
Super Moderator
11,540 Posts
I've thought about doing exactly that but it was my late wife's so it's got plenty of sentimental value.

--Wag--

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,602 Posts
The only polymer handgun I own is a Ruger LCR chambered in .38 Special +P. I suppose that makes it my favorite.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I kept all of my Springfields except the stainless 9mm. Just stuck out like a sore thumb on my wall. Sometime I’ll replace it with a black one (maybe, was not impressed with my brother-in-laws). I kept the S&W 9 and 380 EZs for my wife and the S&W 22 compact for the boys. I’ll buy another one at some point so they each have one to go with their 15-22s. All of my other polymer pistols are gone.

·
Live Free
3,262 Posts
I kept all of my Springfields except the stainless 9mm. Just stuck out like a sore thumb on my wall. Sometime I’ll replace it with a black one (maybe, was not impressed with my brother-in-laws). I kept the S&W 9 and 380 EZs for my wife and the S&W 22 compact for the boys. I’ll buy another one at some point so they each have one to go with their 15-22s. All of my other polymer pistols are gone.
Okay, but what is your favorite poly gun?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd have to say probably the the Springfield XDE 9 as a compact, followed by the XD Mod 2 4" in 40 as a full size utility.

·
AZHerper
4,126 Posts
The only polymer handgun I own is a Ruger LCR chambered in .38 Special +P. I suppose that makes it my favorite.
My favorite is my Taurus 605 SH2 which is a 16-ounce 5-shot titanium .357 magnum. I have it loaded with .38 Special +P's too. Makes it a lot easier to handle for us old guys.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Bersa BP9CC
It has been a good pistol, Carries real easy. I did have to put grip tape on mine.
Seems they have changed the name to BP CC and have several variants.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts