National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few hours, I fly down to Florida. I start my new career tomorrow.

I'm going to be a bit busy... I know I'll be back in Colorado in a week, but don't know if I'm going to have time to pop in over here.

Y'all play nice now, you hear?

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Best of Luck in your new career Jeffrey. I hope it is everything you wish it to be..........

Please try and check in with us from time to time, as I enjoy your posts and sense of humor!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Take your laptop with you and check in from time to time at Starbucks!

Have a great trip and good luck with the new job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sig232 said:
Take your laptop with you and check in from time to time at Starbucks!

Have a great trip and good luck with the new job.
Got my laptop, and I'm VP of the company, so I don't have someone looking over my shoulder, and there's WiFi at the office and at my boss's house (where I'm staying). However, I'm also trying to make a good first impression and not come across as some sort of slacker who was a mistake to hire.

We've got a trade show that we've got to do in two weeks, so we're really working hard at that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SheNine said:
Best of Luck in your new career Jeffrey. I hope it is everything you wish it to be..........

Please try and check in with us from time to time, as I enjoy your posts and sense of humor!
I truly appreciate the compliment, thank you! ;)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
S U P E R, glad you got the position you wanted! Hope everything is even better than you hope for. God bless you & Stay safe!

~Gunrnr

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
spanielsells said:
Travis said:
Where in Florida?!?!?
Miramar, sort of a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale.

Miramar is right next to Hollywood, Florida. I spent ten years down in that area in 1969-1978. Lived in Pembroke Pines, which is right behind Hollywood, FL.

I drove down to Coral Gables each day and worked for a REIT, as assistant controller and then later Treasurer.

A fun place to live at that time of my life. Enjoy the sunshine!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sig232 said:
spanielsells said:
Travis said:
Where in Florida?!?!?
Miramar, sort of a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale.

Miramar is right next to Hollywood, Florida. I spent ten years down in that area in 1969-1978. Lived in Pembroke Pines, which is right behind Hollywood, FL.

I drove down to Coral Gables each day and worked for a REIT, as assistant controller and then later Treasurer.

A fun place to live at that time of my life. Enjoy the sunshine!
Yeah. I got into town Sunday afternoon. I've not seen the sun yet. It hasn't stopped raining, and it is supposed to rain the entire week while I'm here.

Sunshine state, my ass. -I

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If it makes you feel any better Its raining in Oregon also and will all the rest of the week. But then its supposed to rain in Oregon, not Florida! ;)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Its raining sideways right now as I type this. I am watching torrents of rain running down the roof.

Tonight I intend to do the reverse rain dance and send some of our rain off to North Carolina.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today I returned home. It was still raining when I left. What a miserable week (weatherwise).

It is supposed to rain tonight here in Denver. Yay. Oh well, at least we can use the moisture here.

I leave for Chicago on Sunday...

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
The heck with the weather, is the job what you hoped for? Is it too soon to tell?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gunrnr said:
The heck with the weather, is the job what you hoped for? Is it too soon to tell?
A bit hard to tell. I'm feeling overwhelmed with all of the things that I am responsible for accomplishing. However, I also realize that there is a huge learning curve involved. I am thankful that, as this is a small, family-owned business, they have the patience to train and know that success might be a long-term goal rather than a you-must-have-this-done-by-the-end-of-the-month goal.

The people there are great -- I got along with all of them, including the brother that is allegedly the "trouble maker."

I stayed at my boss's house with his family for a week. I'm invited back to stay for my next stint there in November.

I am very excited over what can be done with this company. I also realize that I have a lot of book smarts and very little experience in this industry.

Am I happy? Yes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts