National Gun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. Got myself a Webley .38 pocket revolver the other day (4" barrel, stubby handle no ring mount). After cleaning and lubing the essentials, I took it out to the indoor range and shot about 125 rounds out of it.

Inside the barrel looks brand new, the cylinder locks up tight, no wiggle, and I didn't detect any lead shavings upon inspection, yet at only 10 yards, I've got a group about 7" wide, in every direction from the point of aim. cosmetically it's a bit rough, but all the load bearing bits and moving surfaces, look clean and sturdy.

The ammo I'm using is some standard Remington .38sw 146gr lead round nose, by the looks of the boxes I got, they might be circa 1960s, 70s manufacture, but are all very clean nickle plated brass, and pow reliably.

Do Webleys only like 200 grain lead or the ~170 grain jacketed they where issued with?
Know any companies that sell a 200 grain .361 mold?
I can only find premade 38/200 ammo, and 150 grain molds, I definitely want to cut out the middle man and just load the casings I've already fired with my own casts.

otherwise the only thing aside from timing and ammunition would be the crown, which isn't perfect to be honest, I suppose I'll have to trim it.
I certainly don't think I was totally to blame, my friend who was with me and several coworkers from the range all shot it and had the same appalling groups, where as my PPKS was trucking all day, within 4" and only a half ass attempt at 15 yards.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Aug 1922 a new 38 round (Mk 1) w/a 200gr lead bullet over 2.8 gr Neonite or 3.7 gr of Cordite was introduced.
Because of the dispute on the use of DumDum bullets a copper coated 178gr bullet was developed (Mk 2) later, I believe in the 1930s

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts