National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am a gun enthusiast who has a question. Lets say there is a spy. He needs a small pistol that is concealable, and hopefully with a threaded barrel for a suppressor. A spy should not have to shoot his targets more than twice, and even so, is much better to have to only score one hit. Magazine capacity must be at least 8 rounds, and it does not matter how expensive the gun or ammo is. I dont know what claliber would be best, from my knowldedge maybe a .357 sig or .45. Please no revolvers or glocks. What gun would you recomend?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Mossad did three assassinations in Paris while I was stationed there 1990-1993. Agents used suppressed Ruger Mk II .22 autos. One shooting was in front of the Crillion Hotel, next door to the U.S. Embassy. Taxi with PLO official pulled up. Agent opened the passenger door, leaned in and shot the target three times in the head at very close range. Turned and walked away in the crowd coming out of the metro station.
I'd imagine even a suppressed .45 or .357 Sig would be too loud for this type work. Most spies (government agents) do not carry guns or other weapons. Most countries do not allow civilians to carry firearms; to be caught with one would bring serious embarrassment to the agent's country - and probably a few problems for the agent too.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
They'd probably carry a zip gun of some sorts. I'd always imagined that spies used more covert tactics such as poisoning or strangling.

As for guns, a suppressed .22 would be best. Take a round to the head an you have scrambled brains.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think both of you make a good point, i was thinking of a 007 type of spy that only exists in movies or books. I would like to see a more powerful handgun show up within the next couple replies, but the other two people who posted were 100% right in terms of a real life scenario

·
A BORG of the HIVE
232 Posts
A spy uses head shots. A .22, .25 or .32 would be the weapon of choice.

007 carried a Beretta .25, and later on a Walther 32.

No handgun, not even a .44 magnum can be counted on to keep a man on the ground with a torso shot. Only a CNS hit will do that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am aware of all this (and i love bond) but AGAIN, the scenario is where the spy does not have time for expert shot placement, he will just have to shoot once or twice and rely on the fact that his weapon is powerful enough. Is the M&P compact (Smith&Wesson) a good quality weapon?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I would imagine now that the wall has come down, there are very few shootings by government agents. I'd say Mossad leads the way by a good bit.

·
Registered
894 Posts
.22 hollow point with nicotine dripped in and sealed with wax actually works rather quickly. No I have no firsthand experience, but I do know how fast nicotine kills when it enters the bloodstream.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
I've found that using a bazooka usually keeps them down with one shot. That's my weapon of choice on my spy work days.

·
Registered
582 Posts
a rapid firing poison dart gun that is coated with puffer fish venom that looks like a hotdog is my choice.... dunno who makes it but it might be the perfect project for someone with one of those fancy 3d printers ive been hearing about :)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Why screw around? Call for air!

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Ok if no one else will ask, I will. Why are we asking this question? I realize maybe we are just fantasizing here. But I for one would like to know. Where is this going? Are you just wanting a spy gun? Thats cool. I would hope you would not be asking for some mischievious reason. I am not trying to sound like a jerk here but you have raised ny curosity.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Id carry my Glock 36 and have a threaded barrel for it. Holds 6+1 .45 APC and fits in the palm of the hand. But since there can't be Glocks, I'd say a P226 or P228. Once again, threaded barrels.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Just playing the game, a suppressed 22 handgun basically has a click, click, click when fired. It isn't the most powerful handgun, but probably for very close contact with other persons nearby, the best tool for the job. Ok, back to reality....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Maybe the government is using super spies to conduct mass shootings and then placing the blame on all these crazy people with guns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts