National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is necessary practice for officers! Do you take the time to do it once in a while?

It feels funny and I will have to admit I am not very effective with my left hand being a right handed individual. But in an emergency I think I can operate the pistol I use and scare people!

How proficient are you with your weak hand shooting?

G

·
I do it, but not nearly enough. I am not too bad inside of 7 yards weak handed, but much beyond that, I suck!

G

·
I always unload 20 or so shots off hand every trip to the range. Much better with my right hand but I am slowly getting where I want to be with my weak hand.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just remember that the limit police officers use before they have to incapacitate a suspect is 21 feet. 7 yards to make a killing shot. Not many people can do that. I, however, am one who can as long as I'm using my strong hand.

G

·
I try to practice every time I go to the range. I'm going to see if I can't qualify with the M9 this weekend with my weak hand.

G

·
Weak hand shooting is fairly common in USPSA so I do it. I am slower than strong hand or freestyle but am reasonably accurate. (Probably due to slowing down).

It's a good idea to practice it-especially if you carry.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts