National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my obligatory fund-begging letter from Wayne today. Seems the Cuomo brother in Albany is pressuring all banks and lending institutions to deny services and loans to the NRA, which means the organization can't conduct business. Or so Wayne says.

I bank with Wells Fargo, one of the sleaziest banks around (find a "good" one, if you can, that is convenient) and if they go along with Cuomo, I'm marching in and withdrawing a considerable account from 'em.

Wells Fargo, like all banks, pays little to no interest to rank and file customers on savings accounts, but does charge usury rates on its credit cards if you miss a payment. They also dispense little "Public Relations" atta boy notes from their ATM machine receipt slots that carry messages about how Wells has contributed $Millions annually to LGBT causes and issues. But no interest on savings. Wells Fargo is at the top of my financial s#@t-list.

Don't know what I'm going to do about Wayne.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
Wayne sent me an email and wants to give me an AR-15 and a truck full of money.

· Registered
4,756 Posts
I am a life member, but, I am seriously considering to also become a member of GOA and a couple of other national groups. Why I do not drop the NRA? you may ask, well, there are 2 reasons: The NRA still the biggest pro 2nd in the country, they still have some cloud with the politicians, so until some other group overtakes them, I will continue to be a member, and the second reason is simple economics, as I stated I am a life member, which mean I have already paid up and do not have to send a check every month to be a member.
And there is also the chance were the NRA gets its act together at the top and continue to do the work that needs to be done.

· Registered
1,857 Posts
I remember Wells Fargo. They don't believe in private offices anymore. They just discuss your personal business, in loud voices, right there in the lobby. They should use a megaphone, some bum, passed out behind a dumpster, in SEATTLE may have missed some fine point of my personal business. After my Wells Fargo IRA stagnated, for FIVE years, some clown called me up and told me he was a "Financial Advisor". I said to him, "You should be TAKING advice, considering how poorly my IRA is doing." He got all butthurt. I do a manure pickup, for the feed plots, every Monday. I recognize BS, when I see it.

· AZHerper
6,333 Posts
Irrespective of the shenanigans of Wayne, not only is the NRA, as an organization, a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment but, the NRA ILA has continually supported other Constitutional freedoms and defended them in court all the way up to SCOTUS. So, even though I'm dismayed at times by the actions of Wayne and some others; I'm sticking with the NRA!

· Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
Irrespective of the shenanigans of Wayne, not only is the NRA, as an organization, a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment but, the NRA ILA has continually supported other Constitutional freedoms and defended them in court all the way up to SCOTUS. So, even though I'm dismayed at times by the actions of Wayne and some others; I'm sticking with the NRA!
Well-stated.

--Wag--

Reactions: Caper
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.