Things can get away from you.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Funny this came up. I have been considering an ankle holster. Is there any out there that are worth anything? Most of what my buddies say and some are cops, they haven't found one that actually does the job properly. Anyone have a suggestion?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Your friends are right.

I tried one when I first got my CCW, could never get it to stop falling down.

G

·
For several years, I carried - to the office - a Seecamp LWS .32 ACP in an ankle holster without any problem.

I tried a few different manufacturers and found the Apache Ankle Rig made by De Santis to be the best by far: http://www.desantisholster.com/062.html

Such is made from a wide elastic band lined in lambs wool and held around the ankle with velcro. It comfortably hugs your leg, thus minimizing shifting about. The gun is securely kept within the holster by means of a snap button lock. It becomes practically unnoticeable when worn over black socks and properly fitted dress slacks.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Thanks.

Bookmarked.

Mine was one of those that had calf straps, the darn thing was like wearing a brick on a rope.

Maybe I'll give this a shot for my bug.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the best ankle holsters that I have ever seen was made by Lou Alessi of Alessileather.com
It had a sheepskin backing and was a very nice, tight fit. I believe you can e-mail him at [email protected].

·
Registered
658 Posts
Personally I have always thought that having to get one out of the position that I have to be in to get it makes it rather obvious what I am doing.
I would rather have it on my upper body where I can get to it should I need it.
Of course if you are really short maybe they won't notice you bending over! ;)

G

·
So true: drawing from the ankle can be rather awkward.

However, for those of us dealing with public on a daily basis, ankle carry may not be the most practical, but is at least the most discrete place to conceal a gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts