National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings – my name is Tiffany Madison and I’m an independent journalist with Washington Times Digital Media. My column is titled Citizen Warrior and I cover civil liberties and veteran’s issues. Gun control is a hot topic as legislators attempt to introduce a wide array of measures to restrict the Second Amendment. A recent list of businesses that do not support the Second Amendment has emerged.

As gun owners and firearm advocates, are you increasingly taking your business to establishments that support your concealed carry or right to carry on premises? Or, are your attitudes remaining the same as they always have in regards to choosing establishments that allow you to carry? If trends continue, would you consider boycotting establishments that advocate for gun control politically or voice their “gun free zone” status as a business or organization publicly in support of gun control? Do you feel that a new form of discrimination is emerging against lawful gun-owners?

·
Irritated Citizen
552 Posts
I didn't quite get the question the first time.. can you please post it 4 more?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Hello Tiffany ! please dont take this the wrong way but i would rather pull teeth from a live rattlesnake than talk to a journalist .

Reactions: TiffanyMadison

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No offense taken. However, we live in an era in which ideas must be defended on an intellectual battlefield. I have a passionate pen and use it in defense of my liberties when possible. I am an independent journalist, not a member of mainstream media.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts

·
Irritated Citizen
552 Posts
Is this list of establishments that do not support the 2A publicly posted?

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
The main reason that we are skittish about talking to ANY journalist is because the media does not print what is said but rather what they interpet and by the time it is reported, it resembles nothing like what was actually stated. That said, I will give some quick answers that I feel would be hard to misconstrue. Do I boycott businesses that do not allow concealed carry ----- yes. Has my attitudes changed----- no, I have always boycotted those that do not allow concealed carry. Do I feel discriminated against----- at times. I`m done.

Reactions: TiffanyMadison

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The main reason that we are skittish about talking to ANY journalist is because the media does not print what is said but rather what they interpet and by the time it is reported, it resembles nothing like what was actually stated. That said, I will give some quick answers that I feel would be hard to misconstrue. Do I boycott businesses that do not allow concealed carry ----- yes. Has my attitudes changed----- no, I have always boycotted those that do not allow concealed carry. Do I feel discriminated against----- at times. I`m done.
Indeed. Imagine what it's like to be a pro-liberty, concealed carrying journalist. ;) My purpose of this article is to highlight that given there are nearly 200 million+ firearm owners, businesses would be wise to temper their bandwagon participation in the establishment's new drive for gun control. I would like to do so as objectively as possible, though given my previous articles I'm sure my stance on the Second Amendment is clear.

Thank you for your reply. I'm discovering a mixture among gun rights advocates; those that are changing their attitudes, i.e. becoming more defensive of their business when an establishment does not allow firearms (choosing Starbucks over a local coffee "gun free" shop), and those that always have voted with their feet and dollars. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Your welcome. How old is that list. Some of these people are dead. Ahmet Ertegun died in Dec. of 2006 for example. I don`t believe he gives a rats patootie about gun control now. :yikes1:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your welcome. How old is that list. Some of these people are dead. Ahmet Ertegun died in Dec. of 2006 for example. I don`t believe he gives a rats patootie about gun control now. :yikes1:
Ha! Yes, it is the Daily Caller so there may be a few hiccups. The list was published originally in March of this year, but has emerged recently in discussion.

·
Irritated Citizen
552 Posts
As far as I'm concerned Hollywood should stay out of anything political. Their job is to entertain, And when they speak out it irks me. For instance, I used to love Bruce Springsteen for his blue collar roots not too mention great music. Now I can't even listen to him for what he supports and stands for. Being Hollywood should come with a political muzzle..

I would be more interested in a list of actual businesses. Most of these places look to be non profit..

·
Registered
156 Posts
As far as I'm concerned Hollywood should stay out of anything political. Their job is to entertain, And when they speak out it irks me. For instance, I used to love Bruce Springsteen for his blue collar roots not too mention great music. Now I can't even listen to him for what he supports and stands for. Being Hollywood should come with a political muzzle..

I would be more interested in a list of actual businesses. Most of these places look to be non profit..
They have a vested interest in being involved. Like a tax break for the first 15 million of profit in a film. Slid in with the "Fiscal Cliff" legislation. Tell me what other business gets a break on the first 15mil.

Tiffany my answer to all your questions is pretty much a yes.
I would safer in a carry zone and less safe in a no gun zone. Signs indicating no guns tells one who is intent on causing a problem he has less to worry about.
Ant-gun establishments I already boycott. Unless it cannot be avoided.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
As far as the list goes, I quit wearing Levi`s a few years back. Cancelled my Rolling Stone magazine several years ago, don`t eat Ben and Jerrys ice cream, will not buy Hallmark cards now, don`t give a damn what the celebrities think though I am surprised at a couple of names there, and will someone tell me what the heck is a Gray Panther.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have not taken the time to read the links Tiffany has posted do so. Those are great articles with facts that need to be heard by the people who are willing to listen to both sides of an argument.

I live in IL as of now I cannot CC. I do and will continue to boycott business that are pro- gun control.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts