National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://www.peoplesworld.org/articl...cking-victim-sentenced-to-51-years-in-prison/

It seems as Tennessee is just another ******* bible thumping southern state with a Jim Crow mentality. They evidently regard women as Old Testament "cattle" to be sold into slavery as property and no rights to self-defense. They won't allow "cows with guns", speaking of "cattle".

How would Tennessee criminal law deal with white teenage boys who'd kill their own sex traffickers out of fear otherwise?

Who found the man she shot dead? What hard evidence was there of robbery? What was "stolen"?

This young girl's innocence, that's what I think.

I'm glad that this woman is out of the joint now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/us/cyntoia-brown-release.html

I have no sympathy for dead sex traffickers.

Certainly the use of deadly force would be justifiable against would-be kidnappers, unlawful abductors or sex-slave traffickers

·
Registered
758 Posts
12 Jurors found her guilty. No matter what the color or race, and her admission of guilt is plain as the nose on your face as that is the Legal system in the U.S.She will be on probation for a few years and then I bet you she will get a full pardon and able to vote and buy a gun or obtain one legally.

Does not matter if the right reason/wrong way--still murder/homicide. If the Governors of each State did this with every case, we would all be worried about what is next.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12 Jurors found her guilty. No matter what the color or race, and her admission of guilt is plain as the nose on your face as that is the Legal system in the U.S.She will be on probation for a few years and then I bet you she will get a full pardon and able to vote and buy a gun or obtain one legally.

Does not matter if the right reason/wrong way--still murder/homicide. If the Governors of each State did this with every case, we would all be worried about what is next.
I wasn't aware of her "admission of guilt". Many online sites sympathize with her still. She may have not had a good defense lawyer at the trial. Some online sources say her mother drank and her
brain was affected in the womb. She should have had full mental health evaluation as part of the forensics investigation but Tennessee is rather backward.

·
Registered
629 Posts
She robbed a man and killed him. More likely scenario is that he grabbed at his gun while she had hers in her hand robbing him. If her gun was in her purse and he reached for his, she would never have gotten hers out in time to shoot him.

Had she shot her pimp, it might be more pitiful for her. She shot her victim and should have rotted in prison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts